So my photos got stolen and used for ads

he's not going to pay $25 each, its doubtfull he'd pay $25 for all three he wants. and there's no reason/benefit for you to deal with him. You didnt shoot those pics to make money, youre not losing money for him using them, and you dont benefit from him using them as well.

Contact eBay's VeRO, have them pull the images, and move on with life.

The moment we put things on internet its no longer ours alone :( and people have mad Photoshop skills
BTW what u guys do to protect such things? Watermarking?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

The moment we put things on internet its no longer ours alone :( and people have mad Photoshop skills

I make quarterly ritual sacrifices to Minerva. Typically a goat, although a few pigeons will suffice if there are no goats available at the time.
thus far it has proven to be quite effective.
in extreme cases, or if you have already had pictures stolen, I recommend a hecatomb.

If you don't want it stolen, don't post it on the innernets.

Sent from MySmartphone using DumbFingers.

Exactly ... If we put things then should not complain others stealing it :)

Exactly ... If we put things then should not complain others stealing it :)

Um. No. Theft is theft. Preventing someone from stealing from me does not preclude me from complaining about theft.

Then put a huge watermark at least which is so annoying that no one likes to steal ur pics :)
I mean come on, if I'm not a professional n I can't prove I'm professional n someone stealing my image is affecting my business n I also have no watermark or identification on the image then legally it will be very hard to get damages from someone ...
If u don't lock ur house then complain others have stolen from it. Put some degree of security on it

Then put a huge watermark at least which is so annoying that no one likes to steal ur pics :)
I mean come on, if I'm not a professional n I can't prove I'm professional n someone stealing my image is affecting my business n I also have no watermark or identification on the image then legally it will be very hard to get damages from someone ...
If u don't lock ur house then complain others have stolen from it. Put some degree of security on it

Sounds like you've got it all figured out :)

'Being a pro' and 'being in business' has diddly-squat to do with infringement. The infringer profited from someone else's work. It's just.... that.... simple.

In this case, it would be exceedingly EASY to prove they're the OP's images. The mere fact that the infringer admitted it, for one.

Of course, taking legal steps usually involves registering the images since in the US you can't sue for infringement without it.

I'm not trying to prove here something, I'm just saying someone misuses our things when they look like they don't belong to anyone
Kudos to the infringer who accepts to even accept his infringement but it hardly happens in rest of the cases. But one thing is always common in such instances, we don't even register such "properties" to our own selves by simply watermarking them.
Anyway thanks for this healthy discussion guys, I learnt a lot n luky u guys that u even have some laws in your country about such things.

Most reactions

Back