Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love butterflies :D

DSC_2546.jpg

DSC_2575.jpg

DSC_2603.jpg

I agree, good job on number 3

Composition is not perfect on some of them but how do you get a butterfly to cooperate. Technically all the pictures are very good. Fine use of DOF and lighting. You could make a great puzzle out of the second and third one. I like the colors of the first best but the plant got in the way.

Composition is not perfect on some of them but how do you get a butterfly to cooperate. Technically all the pictures are very good. Fine use of DOF and lighting. You could make a great puzzle out of the second and third one. I like the colors of the first best but the plant got in the way.

I know, he just wouldn't come out from behind that leaf and we aren't allowed to touch them! Lol.

#3 is the keeper.

The first two are over exposed and poorly (sorry) framed.

Taking pictures of animals/insects is very difficult (as with many other things that are alive and that move...).

To get a great picture of a butterfly it requires a lot of patience (a lot lot) or a lot of luck.

The light in the first two images is too harsh making it nearly impossible to expose properly in the short amount of time you've got.

If number 3 is sharp I'd be offering it as a wall print.

#3 is the keeper.

The first two are over exposed and poorly (sorry) framed.

Taking pictures of animals/insects is very difficult (as with many other things that are alive and that move...).

To get a great picture of a butterfly it requires a lot of patience (a lot lot) or a lot of luck.

The light in the first two images is too harsh making it nearly impossible to expose properly in the short amount of time you've got.

If number 3 is sharp I'd be offering it as a wall print.

I agree with this. Number 3 is really good and would be great if the whole butterfly was in focus. Keep trying.

Beautiful! How did you get the colors to turn out so dark and vivid?

Beautiful! How did you get the colors to turn out so dark and vivid?

I used my 50mm 1.8 lens which is the best investment I have made for my camera to date. I shoot in raw too which is awesome for adjusting color levels. :) Here are a few more...

DSC_2580.jpg

DSC_2576.jpg

DSC_2574.jpg

DSC_2571.jpg

DSC_2565.jpg

DSC_2558.jpg

DSC_2548_1.jpg

DSC_2547.jpg

Most reactions

Back