So whats the deal with Ken Rockwell?

Conner41

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I forgot how I first heard about Ken Rockwell, but I learned very quickly there are some good articles: Ken Rockwell and there are some that are: Buyer Beware: Ken Rockwell | Anthony Hereld Photography

My intention isn't to stir up anything, more so I'm just interested in the facts. Does anyone know this guy on a personal level? Hard to believe anything online these days.

Honestly, not much is up with Ken Rockwell.

Ken Rockwell is a douche canoe. Everything he states is personal opinion.

That's all you need to know.

You're welcome.

Conner41 said:
I forgot how I first heard about Ken Rockwell, but I learned very quickly there are some good articles: Ken Rockwell and there are some that are: Buyer Beware: Ken Rockwell | Anthony Hereld Photography

My intention isn't to stir up anything, more so I'm just interested in the facts. Does anyone know this guy on a personal level? Hard to believe anything online these days.

Read the disclaimer on his site..,,

" I offer no warrantees of any kind, except that there are many deliberate gaffes, practical jokes and downright foolish and made-up things lurking. While this site is mostly accurate, it is neither legally binding nor guaranteed. The only thing I do guarantee is that there is plenty of stuff I simply make up out of thin air, as does The Onion."

Learn from history, or be condemned to repeat it. Yah. And as Rumsfeld once remarked: there are the things you know. There are the things you know you don't know. And then there are the things that you don't know you don't know. But he forgot to mention: there are things you know that you wish you did not know. Such as disclaimers.

MONEY (and heaven only knows why people would send him money) but then of course there was Thomas Kenkaid.

Some folks are very good at marketing.

It's just his opinion, no facts. Still, I believe some of the stuff he says, for example, he recommends "The art of photography" as the best book to read. I have read many photography books, and I would place it in #2 afte a Langfor's basic photography textbook.

Last edited:
Rockwell is a genius troll

Most reactions

Back