So whats the deal with Ken Rockwell?

Ken Rockwell is the FOX News of Photo related writing.
Here is a list of facts about Ken Rockwell:

• Ken Rockwell is the Chuck Norris of photography
  • Ken Rockwell's camera has similar settings to ours, except his are: P[erfect] Av[Awesome Priority Tv[Totally Awesome Priority] M[ajestic]
  • Ken Rockwell doesn't color correct. He adjusts your world to match his.
  • Sure, Ken Rockwell deletes a bad photo or two. Other people call these Pulitzers.
  • Ken Rockwell doesn't adjust his DOF, he changes space-time.
  • Circle of confusion? You might be confused. Ken Rockwell never is.
  • Ken Rockwell doesn't wait for the light when he shoots a landscape - the light waits for him.
  • Ken Rockwell never flips his camera in portrait position, he flips the earth
  • Ken Rockwell ordered an L-lens from Nikon, and got one.
  • Ken Rockwell is the only person to have photographed Jesus; unfortunately he ran out of film and had to use a piece of cloth instead.
  • When Ken Rockwell brackets a shot, the three versions of the photo win first place in three different categories
  • Before Nikon or Canon releases a camera they go to Ken and they ask him to test them, the best cameras get a Nikon sticker and the less good get a Canon sticker
  • Once Ken tested a camera, he said I cant even put Canon on this one,thats how Pentax was born
  • Rockwellian policy isn't doublethink - Ken doesn't even need to think once
  • Ken Rockwell doesn't use flash ever since the Nagasaki incident.
  • Only Ken Rockwell can take pictures of Ken Rockwell; everyone else would just get their film overexposed by the light of his genius
  • Ken Rockwell wanted something to distract the lesser photographers, and lo, there were ducks.
  • Ken Rockwell is the only one who can take self-portraits of you
  • Ken Rockwell's nudes were fully clothed at the time of exposure
  • Ken Rockwell once designed a zoom lens. You know it as the Hubble SpaceTelescope.
  • When Ken unpacks his CF card, it already has masterpieces on it.
  • Rockwell portraits are so lifelike, they have to pay taxes
  • On Ken Rockwell's desktop, the Trash Icon is really a link to National Geographic Magazine
  • Ken Rockwell spells point-and-shoot "h-a-s-s-e-l-b-l-a-d"
  • When Ken Rockwell went digital, National Geographic nearly went out of business because he was no longer phyically discarding photos
  • For every 10 shots that Ken Rockwell takes, 11 are keepers.
  • Ken Rockwell's digital files consist of 0's, 1's AND 2's.
  • Ken Rockwell never focus, everything moves into his DoF
  • Ken Rockwell's shots are so perfect, Adobe redesigned photoshop for him: all it consists of is a close button.
  • The term tripod was coined after his silhouette
  • Ken Rockwell never produces awful work, only work too advanced for the viewer
  • A certain braind of hig-end cameras was named after people noticed the quality was a lot "like a" rockwell
  • Ken Rockwell isn't the Chuck Norris of photography; Chuck Norris is the Ken Rockwell of martial arts.
  • Ken Rockwell never starts, he continues

Ok, these were kinda really funny!

What's wrong with shooting ducks :)

The deal with Ken Rockwell is the same deal with everybody else on the Internet. Take everything with a grain of salt.

The deal with Ken Rockwell is the same deal with everybody else on the Internet. Take everything with a grain of salt.

Exactly. If you ask for a photographers review, do you expect anything else besides his personal opinion? If you ask a NFL quarterback what the best route is, are you going to call him a hoax because he said a slant and thats just his opinion? I don't fully agree with everything he says, but I do feel its a reputable site (for most things). But I honestly feel that if you are going to go to that much trouble to write an article bashing him, you're only helping his site's visitor count

Ken Rockwell is a douche canoe. Everything he states is personal opinion.

That's all you need to know.

You're welcome.

Yep. That's pretty much all that needs to be said about the guy. He's a chump who pretends to know a lot more than he actually does.

Oh, and for all you new folks to the hobby; this is what old Ken thinks of you: How to Spot an Amateur

Insulting the same people he's begging for money... genius.

Let's see.
Your first post is a flame of a 4 year old zombie thread.
What impression are you giving here?

The impression that I read a thread I wanted to respond to, and did so?

P.s. My comment wasn't a "flame." I was concurring with a previous poster.

For reference:

"Flaming is a hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users, often involving the use of profanity."

I did no such thing.

Too often people want to make a big entrance, to sort of make their mark.
Often that doesn't turn out well.
I suggest you might just go to the Introductions Forum, tell us about what kind of stuff you shoot, your experience, you know, the kind of stuff you do when you meet a bunch of like minded people.

Too often people want to make a big entrance, to sort of make their mark.
Often that doesn't turn out well.
I suggest you might just go to the Introductions Forum, tell us about what kind of stuff you shoot, your experience, you know, the kind of stuff you do when you meet a bunch of like minded people.

That's terrific. I've already explained to you exactly what occurred here (although I'm still perplexed as to why it was necessary) and I can assure you it has nothing to do with marking things, or making a "big entrance." Frankly, I find the insinuation ludicrous. This is a message board... why would anyone care about making an entrance? I certainly didn't think my concurment with a fellow poster would cause such a fuss. Perhaps you feel the need to defend Ken Rockwell for some reason? The irony is you accused me of "flaming"while attempting to flame me with your condescending attitude. I suggest not jumping to conclusions, accusing people of things you clearly don't understand, and keeping your attitude under wraps when talking to someone you don't know yet. You know, the kind of stuff you do when encountering someone for the first time. Thanks.

Nice photos by the way. I particularly enjoy the banyan tree, and the barn wall. Are you originally from the Ukraine?

40346d1374446638-job-offer-zombie_thread.jpg

Making big entrances tends to mark you out as someone to be suspicious of.

Especially when it's about an emotive subject...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back