So who uses Chat?

At this time we're having some major problems with the server lagging. I'm not sure what's going on, but it looks like newnet has problems. It is lagging horribly and netsplits too often. I'm thinking we might want to try a new server.

I would like to find a new server as well.. preferably something that uses the SOP/AOP opping system (relaly a persoanly preferance more than anything with that one) and allows more than 9 characters.

I do like how much activity we have seen in the channel, now we just need to find a more stable server :)

yeah freenode is working much better than newnet, and I've frequented channels on this server before so I know it's reliable. I would like to suggest we move our channel over there. I don't know if anyone has other servers that they know of that they prefer, but nobody does then I think it would be best to go with freenode. I'm thinking of registering #thephotoforum with chanserv over there, but don't want to do so without chase's permssion. But hopefully he'll ok this and let us move ;)

Was in there NOW to see if anyone's there, says Unimaxium and The_Forum in the list, who is Andrea (andreag5) ... but it seems like both just don't have logged off when they left. I always do and shut the door behind me so I don't seem to be in there all around the clock! :biggrin:

I tried a little bit last night and had a Netsplit.

Alpha: Hey guys!
(Everyone leaves the room.)
Alpha: Oh... that's... thuroughly depressing...

Most reactions

Back