So who's photography is inspiring you right now?

Looking at some of the work you've posted it got me thinking about a photographer who's work I was looking to emulate. Have you heard of Kalle Gustafsson? He is a Swedish fashion/editorial photographer. He has some amazing work, I'd love to do some shoots based on his style. You might like him.

Ragin's work is brilliant by the way. I'll have to write that name down.

Looking at some of the work you've posted it got me thinking about a photographer who's work I was looking to emulate. Have you heard of Kalle Gustafsson? He is a Swedish fashion/editorial photographer. He has some amazing work, I'd love to do some shoots based on his style. You might like him.

Ragin's work is brilliant by the way. I'll have to write that name down.

Link added.

Just a side note. These aren't really photographers I want to emulate. I just really enjoy viewing their portraits. It will take many years for me to come even close to the images they produce.

That's the problem... I have been so embroiled in sports that nothing is inspiring me right now. I spent an hour or two surfing FStoppers last night for some real inspiration... Eh...
There was a post here a while ago with some really dreamy ethereal wedding work I'd like to find again...

I try to inspire myself with my own work. Some days I do and some days I wonder why I did.
Well you produce some high quality work though. I don't feel I have created anything that would make someone go "wow".

I try to inspire myself with my own work. Some days I do and some days I wonder why I did.
Well you produce some high quality work though. I don't feel I have created anything that would make someone go "wow".

You will, everyone comes up with one of those images at some point. I like to think that I haven't shot my best image yet.

Members on the forum do it for me as well as the Pentax forum.

When I see their stuff it gives me some push to get going. I dropped out of photography decades ago and just got back in by chance. I bought a film scanner last week and half-ass learned how to scan my fist neg last night. Got a copy of Lightroom and trying to figure it out.

Here is first effort with neg scan. I got a real charge learning how to go from 'gray and white' to 'black and white' images. When you scan a BW neg it wont like like it does below without help. (At least mine don't!) Got tons of old negs to go through, but will take it easy. Have not seen some of them in near 40 years. Hope to set up a website for viewing withih 6 months.

Yes, the members here are my idols and inspirations...Thanks to all for your participation, help and your photo submissions!

Hassleblad SWC / Ilford film / c 1970's

img014lowres.jpg

Last edited:
I only inspire myself, because I'm just that good. Nah, I'm just kidding.

I don't really get inspired by individual photographers, mostly just particular photographs. There are some people on Flickr, however, who aren't well-known but are plain awesome.

Most reactions

Back