So, you want a brutally honest critique on your photo, huh?

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Post it here. Just make sure to check the threads back to see the critique.

The method is simple. Just post your photo here the same you would in any other thread, the photo is then up for critique. Members can start their own critique thread wherein they can quote the post from here (thus showing the photos) and critique the photos.

The only rules:
NO LINKS
Please limit your posts to 3 photos
Please limit your amount of active posts to 1 per week or at least until is has been critiqued by at least one person.
Please only post photos in this thread, general comments and critiques are to be kept for the various critique threads.
If you are starting a critique thread please be prepared to critique more than one photo, the idea is to have a running series of critiques. If you just want to critique one or two please do PM the person in question with your critique

I look forward to seeing your photos. :mrgreen:
Thanks for stopping by.
Mark

Currently running critique threads (PM Mark/Overread to have your thread added to the list)
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/262598-markw-brutally-honest-critiques.html
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/262599-skieurs-brutally-honest-critiques.html
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...e-so-you-want-brutally-honest-critique-2.html

Note for those following the thread originally some posts were "lost" due to the due to the divide (ie they didn't fit either of the two new threads ideally). For this "missing" content please see:
Moved content

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that most posters like to start their own threads and go from there. You ought to stop by more often and insert your critiques there!

Well, just to humor you a bit and spam the forums a bit more:

R1-04386-008A-Copy.jpg

R1-04386-011A.jpg

R1-04386-015A.jpg

Have fun...

Do cell phone pics count? Thoughts on my friend Renee pic?
bigthumb.gif

renee.jpg

Okay, here are four images that should look okay on the web at the teensie-tiny size we're allowed here. Most of my web images are much larger than the allowed size here, and look like crap when re-sized and served by my host, which is pBase. All four of these were shot with my FujiFilm S2 Pro 6 megapixel camera.

photo 1--
14691052.jpg

Sunrise Superman

photo 2--
22399439.jpg

Reflected Fall

photo 3--
16713120.jpg

Chives

photo 4--
14201782.jpg

Whimsical Glass

Yeah but showing things up in the forum is a great way to share the fun too :)

or have long raving arguments with people - whichever suits your fancy ;)

and eh I'll throw a pic up too even though I've really not got anything recent worth tearing into buut:

6278541060_f80e830966_z.jpg

spider :)

I'll bite!
Here are 3 from my last football game of the season
6320273898_e00144013f_z.jpg

6319750675_eac738fcba_z.jpg

6320274776_7c16c233c0_z.jpg

Here, I'll give 'er a whirl:

158.jpg

146.jpg

Looking for some critique on this one.. I do have the nagging suspicion that I missed the focus:

17.jpg

Alright, I'll bite. Just one for now. Taken with my Minolta X-700, ASA 800 film. Sorry...didn't take notes on shutter speed etc.

Rob_Meter.jpg

Last edited:
I have to give a thumbs up to the OP. Most of his comments have been fair and constructive... something that many threads here in the TPF don't offer.

I'll play along.... Posting one at a time.

6295027046_8fb5bb7c0d_b.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

Tear it up! I was trying to get some feed back on a c&c post but no one would tear it apart so I knew what to improve on!

Most reactions

Back