So you want some blue skies and open land?

vtf

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Go to the Flint Hills of Eastern Kansas.
flinthills6.jpg

Flinthills5.jpg

flinthills3-1.jpg

Last edited:
What did you do differently for 3?

What did you do differently for 3?
To be honest I didnt realize the sky was a deeper blue until I got the three side by side. #3 was directly away from sun where the other two are with the sun to the right. I think I probably tweeked it more manually than the others.

hmm i thought the 3 is the best. The other 2 are OOF i feel.

Yeah for the Konza Praire!!!! My favorite place to hike and try out new camera techniques!!!!

Yeah for the Konza Praire!!!! My favorite place to hike and try out new camera techniques!!!!
Is that what its called? I driven through it so many times in my life and always wanted to take a photo.

The Konza Praire is the land that runs near manhatan along highway 177. All that land in the flint hills is beautiful though, love living there! A lot of the land is owned by private parties though so there is only public access at the Konza wildlife area were there are hiking trails.

Perhaps a bit of lens flair in the first two causing the softness?
I was using my 18-55mm lens in which I didnt have a polarized filter on. It could very well be as the first two were taken facing south and south east at 5pm and the sun was to my right.

What kind of image compression are you using, VTF? There seems to be a lot of degradation in quality in the first two images. Otherwise, they're very nice.

Centered horizons are centered. If I might make a suggestion, pick what you want to be the focus of your shot and have that take up the largest portion of the frame. This is commonly known as a part of the rule of thirds. You did well in the last one.

What kind of image compression are you using, VTF? There seems to be a lot of degradation in quality in the first two images. Otherwise, they're very nice.

I shoot in raw, its on max when I go jpeg but I researched and the originals are sharper than when they appear on photobucket.

Most reactions

Back