So...

KamaKazzy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've always been interested in photography, but really don't know anything about it...:blushing:
Right now, I've been using two different cameras. One is my Samsung Digmax 301, 3.2 mega-pixels, 3x digital zoom, and my sister's Nikon Coolpix L11, 6.0 mega-pixels, IFO 800, 3x optical zoom, and 6.2-18.6 mm. Obviously mine is the crappier one...haha. Mostly, my subjects are either my animals, nature, or people. I'd like to take abstract pictures too though, but can't the hang of that.
I'll be starting college soon (I'm a senior) and I want to take photography classes there as well, but photography won't be my profession (herpetology will be) but I will use it along with what I'm doing out in the field.
I'm wanting a new camera...I HATE mine. I can't steal my sister's all the time, but I do often...:sexywink: What would you suggest I get?

Oh...and being a teen...I do have a bit of a 'budget'. Especially with the critters I feed and rescues I bring in... I really don't want to spend more than $400, and I'm leaning more towards a Cannon.

With that budget, you can get a Canon S3 or S5 even. Very capable cameras. I have been impressed with the quality of some photos taken with it. Also there is the G7 or G9 if you can scrounge another c-note. These cameras offer good flexibilty and will allow you to learn and grow a bit without the investment in DSLR and lenses. I plan on getting a G9 myself for back-up and going out shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back