2)
4807047809_8d980cae73.jpg

3)
4807050147_7faf16e577.jpg

4)
4807043187_2eb95294a7.jpg

5)
4807668200_9b2c0d0182.jpg

1. Very modern art. Older people will probably find it boring.
5. Good focus, good composition, okay colors.

Curious why did you call this socal summer and none of the pictures have any socal fingerprints? Where's the homeless on skid row, Tokyo town hipsters, plastic frankenmoms, and beach pictures?

Perhaps he calls it that because these WERE taken in SoCal, and taken in summer, but just aren't the cliché shots you'd wait for when you hear the word. I quite like that this is HIS very own SoCal summer.

And I very much like the first photo here! Only lines and shapes, light, shadow, colours. No more. And in your book I certainly am "older". And I still like it! Maybe the best of the bunch.

OK, the starlike flower is also very, very nice, a kind of photo that easily suggests a centred composition! A bit like a mandala.

The middle ones are more snaps of yourself in mirrors - and that glass design thing doesn't do much for me, I'm afraid.

1. Very modern art. Older people will probably find it boring.

Define "Older people"... :lmao:

Dak
I like the concept of the first image. I may have tried to capture more of the blue, to match the white lines, but that may have exposed too much of the wall and I do not know what is there.

The rest do not do much for me....maybe I got tired looking at the first image and could not concentrate on the others... you know, us old people.;)

But you can't call us old people because I'm only 21 and I only like 2 and 5... I like 3 and 4 because they are nice and focused and like the composition... I really don't understand 1 at all... it looks like I went to my high school and took a picture of the wall inside the wrestling room...

Perhaps he calls it that because these WERE taken in SoCal, and taken in summer, but just aren't the cliché shots you'd wait for when you hear the word. I quite like that this is HIS very own SoCal summer.

And I very much like the first photo here! Only lines and shapes, light, shadow, colours. No more. And in your book I certainly am "older". And I still like it! Maybe the best of the bunch.

OK, the starlike flower is also very, very nice, a kind of photo that easily suggests a centred composition! A bit like a mandala.

The middle ones are more snaps of yourself in mirrors - and that glass design thing doesn't do much for me, I'm afraid.

exactly..I make things my own. The first one i thought was a great chance to capture something modern and interesting when it comes to colors and shapes, simple yet elegant.

ya the others of me where just for fun. :mrgreen:

The self-portraits show your camera holding technique would make a good textbook example of the wrong way to do it. ;)

The self-portraits show your camera holding technique would make a good textbook example of the wrong way to do it. ;)

ya I realized I didn't have my left hand under the lens :blushing:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back