Soft Pastel Florals

Joel_W

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's the 2nd set from my outing the other day. Tried to work the shade, and when the sun was obscured by the clouds I ventured out to the main beds. The Daisy was taken in full sunlight, and there are a few shadows that I'm concerned about. Just couldn't get the clouds to cooperate when I needed them too. I posted the picture simply because I truly like the composition and balance, and for a change the yellows weren't washed out, but vibrant.

Thanks for stopping by.

M4A3 60412 088 by joelwillstein, on Flickr

M4A3 60412 090 by joelwillstein, on Flickr

M4A3 60412 054 by joelwillstein, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79581466@N08/7166021923/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/79581466@N08/7166021923/
M4A3 60412 051 by joelwillstein, on Flickr

M4A3 60412 013 by joelwillstein, on Flickr

M4A3 60412 041 by joelwillstein, on Flickr

The sun really ruins photos sometimes. The last photo (Columbine) is a great example of why its not so great to shoot in full sun. It ruins the colors.

lol, attack of the bright sun. bring an umbrella....lol. :)

AgentDrex, How right you are. But I'm forced to work with what nature has dealt me. Shade, umbrellas, clouds when they actually cover the sun, are the only tools I have to work with. Normally, with my work schedule, I have just one day per week to actually devote to a 1/2 day shoot, so it's that or nothing. This week, while I've been on vacation has been great if you're a beach goer, but crappy for a floral photographer. And to add insult to injury, one has to pay to get into these places, and they don't honor my senior discount.

Ernicus, don't laugh, but it has worked, and once I trade in the rain umbrella for a silk one, it should be that much better for diffusing the sun's light.

Beautiful set.

Ernicus, don't laugh, but it has worked, and once I trade in the rain umbrella for a silk one, it should be that much better for diffusing the sun's light.

I thought of getting myself one of those umbrella hats. ;-) Gotta do what we gotta do man...

Never thought of an umbrella hat. Of course I would have to be prepared for even stranger looks then what I got when I pulled out my umprella, and was holding it over some flowers.

Never thought of an umbrella hat. Of course I would have to be prepared for even stranger looks then what I got when I pulled out my umprella, and was holding it over some flowers.

lol, as if you don't get strange looks already...I'm guessing..like me...you find yourself kneeling and laying in awkward funny positions in strangers edge of lawns or business fronts...I can only imagine half the looks I get by passers by while I'm trying to get a shot I want.

For close ups, you don't need an umbrella, just use some typing paper. Unless you want to filter the whole area, that is.

Bitter, I wish it was that easy. But the beds at most of the arboretums and planting fields are huge. there are times that even an umbrella won't do.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back