Soft Rock and The Back of Pikes Peak

ashfordphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took these this afternoon, let me know what you think. I think the second one could use some color bumping, but I can't seem to do it right now and make it look natural.

Also, too much sky? Especially on 2? I have another where the bottom half is land, and it looks great from a distance. But I feel like the sky is what I'm after here. Any thoughts on that?

March1807-010littleframe.jpg

March1807055frame.jpg

It's just my personal preference, but I think I'd prefer less sky in the first, and possibly a crop down to pano in the second. I really really love the lone tree in the second, and want to give it more prominence by getting rid of some of the clouds at the top. And you got nice definition of the striations in the rock in the first.

You're lucky to have rocks and mountains to shoot. I'd have to drive several hours for scenery half as spectacular.
The big sky does tell you that you're in the big outdoors, but I think you're right about too much. #1 crops well to leave the highest rock half way up the frame with the conifers on the horizon about 1/3 up. #2 looks like it would make a nice panorama if you cut a lot of the sky out.

you two both make great points and I think you're right. I'm playing with the crops and I'm liking your ideas! How's this for you? Better? Need more?

March1807055framedcrrop.jpg

March1807-010framedlittlecrop.jpg

The both look great. I'm guessing a pano is short for panorama.

^^^ Yep, you're right.

And the reworked shots are exactly what I envisaged.

Gorgious! Colorado is the best! Nice Shots! I'm loving the cropped versions. :)

Thanks Killer! You can thank Antartican and flyingseale for the cropping :D

I'm very happy with these and it's encouraging to see how you guys help me out with what I'm doing. I'm learning a ton from this place.

Really like the original of the first. Digging the cropped version of the second.

Especially when doing photography out in the mid/southwest, I go for the big sky. It's just a stylistic thing.

Thank you tanger and miget.

I lighted up some of the pano one, I think I like it like that but cant decide if it looks real or not.

croppednlightlitfr.jpg

Now that's looking really good.

Most reactions

Back