Softbox for use with portable flashguns?

Chris of Arabia

Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone know of any softbox set-ups that can be used with Canon Speedlites? I know I can knock something up in a strobist fashion, but would be interested in any products out there that are purpose built. Found this ALZO Digital Porta Flash Softbox, but there are no UK stockists I can find (much less a Saudi one).

A photographer I know (on another site) posted a bunch of pics of this. I couldn't find it on the manufacturer's web site so I'll share some of the photos he posted,

TriCoast_&_Denny_Portable_Softbox-008.jpg

TriCoast_&_Denny_Portable_Softbox-009.jpg

TriCoast_&_Denny_Portable_Softbox-017.jpg

I guess I'll also quote his post, I don't think he'll mind.

New Portable Softbox - Best I have used before - TriCoast help design/fine tune it.
Let me start off by saying I am not saying this due to working a business relationship with Denny's. I would say positive or negative things about them no matter what the relationship is. I feel honestly is always the best policy.

Now with that out of the way, I will say this. Denny's is coming out with a new very portable softboxes which fold out like umbrellas - several sizes and both heavy duty ones much like Wescott material and lighter weight ones which are more like black ripstop nylon with a reflective inside.

I have been using and testing these boxes out for about a month now, both myself and Jordan have of TriCoast, and I found I LOVE the ease and portable aspects of them, especially mixed in with their new easy and lightweight strobes that run off AC/DC power with the battery being VERY lightweight.

HOWEVER I am a eTTL kind of guy so I talked to Denny about producing a softbox of various sizes which is lightweight and very portable to just attached to the monopod or lightstand with a simple hotshoe mount. Today I got in a prototype of one and BOY DO I LOVE IT.

VERY LIGHT WEIGHT, much lighter than other units out there along the same ling and MUCH faster to set up. MUCH easier to hook to a stand or support, the box is a snap (literally) to open up (if you can open up an umbrella you can do this) and well I think I am in love. I am up and running with this set up in less than a minute, from taking the softbox out, opening it up, mounting the flash, mounting it on a stand, done.

now with my Canon flash units mixed with the Radio Popper Units and this portable softbox I really do not see me going anywhere without them for our local events. I still wont take the box with me on planes due to space but with that said it is so light weight and easy to pack I could easy throw it into my check in suitcase.

Again I am not trying to sell anything and I do not make any money off this box, though I wish I did, but it is hands down the BEST portable softbox out there and at what I am told 1/2 the price of any other box like this on the market is a STEAL!!!

I use the small one from lumiquest.... its ok. Not quite big enough at times. Nice to carry to use in a pinch.

Wow. the one posted by Mike looks really nice.

A photographer I know (on another site) posted a bunch of pics of this. I couldn't find it on the manufacturer's web site so I'll share some of the photos he posted

Mike, do you have the manufacturers' name? Maybe I'm being dumb, but I'm not seeing it.

I have one of the Lumiquests, but they are not really big enough for what I want.

Mike, do you have the manufacturers' name? Maybe I'm being dumb, but I'm not seeing it.
Sorry...it's Denny Manufacturing and I did manage to find it on their site this time.

LINK

Most reactions

Back