Softbox without logos on it

JeffOrwick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been looking for a brand of softboxes that is all black, without any written logos on the sides.

Is anyone aware of a company or even an off-brand name that makes decently manufactured softboxes that's all blank on the sides? Weird request I know, but it would mean a lot to me.

Thanks in advance friends.

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Many of the Chinese softboxes sold through multiple e-Bay vendors have no logos of any kind on them.

Gavjenks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
1) Buy any softbox
2) Put black duct tape on the sides

?

Might make it heavier and cheap looking, but might be worth it if you want to maintain build quality of something other than a random no-name brand.

OP
J

JeffOrwick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just using black electrical tape was an obvious first idea. But that's not exactly ideal. But you're absolutely right about maintain a quality product for this dilemma Gav.
customsoftboxescovers.com isn't coming up for me.
and ebay might have to be my last option? Scared they're going to fall apart after 2 weeks though.

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just using black electrical tape was an obvious first idea. But that's not exactly ideal. But you're absolutely right about maintain a quality product for this dilemma Gav.
and ebay might have to be my last option? Scared they're going to fall apart after 2 weeks though.

HEY. I said GAFF... Not electrical.

:lol: :sexywink:

Antithesis

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.epanderson.com
Photos OK to edit

I think he was busting your balls :p

If you look at a lot of the less expensive logo'd softboxes on the major photography retailer sites, they are the exact same ones you see without logos on ebay. There is a good chance that they come from the same factory. I've used expensive light support and modifiers, and I've used the cheap chinese stuff, and there usually isn't much of a difference in the end result (unless you are doing high end commercial work).

Most reactions

New Topics