Softbox without logos on it

JeffOrwick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been looking for a brand of softboxes that is all black, without any written logos on the sides.

Is anyone aware of a company or even an off-brand name that makes decently manufactured softboxes that's all blank on the sides? Weird request I know, but it would mean a lot to me.

Thanks in advance friends.

Many of the Chinese softboxes sold through multiple e-Bay vendors have no logos of any kind on them.

1) Buy any softbox
2) Put black duct tape on the sides

?

Might make it heavier and cheap looking, but might be worth it if you want to maintain build quality of something other than a random no-name brand.

Just using black electrical tape was an obvious first idea. But that's not exactly ideal. But you're absolutely right about maintain a quality product for this dilemma Gav.
customsoftboxescovers.com isn't coming up for me.
and ebay might have to be my last option? Scared they're going to fall apart after 2 weeks though.

Just using black electrical tape was an obvious first idea. But that's not exactly ideal. But you're absolutely right about maintain a quality product for this dilemma Gav.
and ebay might have to be my last option? Scared they're going to fall apart after 2 weeks though.

HEY. I said GAFF... Not electrical.

:lol: :sexywink:

I think he was busting your balls :p

If you look at a lot of the less expensive logo'd softboxes on the major photography retailer sites, they are the exact same ones you see without logos on ebay. There is a good chance that they come from the same factory. I've used expensive light support and modifiers, and I've used the cheap chinese stuff, and there usually isn't much of a difference in the end result (unless you are doing high end commercial work).

Most reactions

Back