Software?

Whiteram

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking for opinions on best editing software for Beginner with DSLR?

I am looking to go beyond the "microsoft photo editor", but find adobe Photoshop programs , such as Darkroom2 to be way beyond my understanding (and budget)..

yes...I am a NOOB...but willing to learn with guidance....lol

any suggestions?

Thank You in Advance...

-Rich

Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 is a great starting point, but even beyond that you can get the Gimp for absolutely free.

http://gimp.org/

ill take a look at it...thanks Tol...

You might also wanna look into Nikon Capture NX, costs about $150.

Just invest in Lightroom, it costs $300, but it's worth every penny.

i tried the lightroom demo...a little too advanced for me at this stage of the game. Keep in mind, I work for Ford Motor Company and teach Technicians Diesel Engine repair, right up through master technicians....the camera is fairly new to me...and oh...doesnt like grease..lmao (dont ask me how i know).

I downloaded the capture NX, and could not get it to run correctly on my desktop, or laptop. one xp pro, other vista...kept crashing.

I do appreciate the opinions guys.....i'll try them all and give them each a fair shake...

-Rich

I would buy Adobe Photoshop Elements 6. I've had that program since I was a noob, and its very straight forward and easy to understand, however when you become more skilled you will not outgrow it. At $100, its worth every penny IMO.

:study:ive been working with the gimp for a couple hours now.

I'm thinking I need to take a class....

i dont understand but maybe 30% of the functions.

any sites that can direct me to some faq's?

Your the best!

Thanks Pal!!!

-Rich

Most reactions

New Topics

Back