SOLD

aliner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR Lens, new condition, this is a USA Lens, $1300.00 or B/O
compatible with Nikon FX and DX digital, and autofocus 35mm film SLR cameras
effective focal length:

300mm with full-frame (FX-format) or film cameras
450mm with DX-format cameras
nikon_2223_af_s_nikkor_300mm_f_4e_1420501912_1111442.jpg
300mm.jpg
300mm 3.jpg
300mm 2.jpg

so. tempting.

Tempting but I have a 300mm f4.5 AI already and its a very nice image maker.

This lens is just a little bit longer than Canon's 135 mm f / 2 L series. The phase fresnel (PF) design allows this lens to be extremely compact. Once you pick one up you realize you really want one. I resisted for over a year and I picked up one in Portland, Oregon's Pro Photo Supply... I was tempted to pull out the plastic and buy it right there on the spot, but at the time I had a 300 F4 AFS and also a 300 / 4.5 edif. I have since sold off those two and no longer have a prime 300, and I think the next 300 I buy will be this lens. Did I mention it was small?

This lens is just a little bit longer than Canon's 135 mm f / 2 L series. The phase fresnel (PF) design allows this lens to be extremely compact. Once you pick one up you realize you really want one. I resisted for over a year and I picked up one in Portland, Oregon's Pro Photo Supply... I was tempted to pull out the plastic and buy it right there on the spot, but at the time I had a 300 F4 AFS and also a 300 / 4.5 edif. I have since sold off those two and no longer have a prime 300, and I think the next 300 I buy will be this lens. Did I mention it was small?

I looked at this on Nikon's website and saw that one of the reasons it is smaller than others is that it contains a fresnel lens for one of the elements.

So why isn't this done more often? Smaller lenses with equal performance would be desirable...wouldn't they?

I have a Tamron 300mm f/2.8 and it weighs a ton. If I didn't have that already, something like this would be very tempting.

I looked at this on Nikon's website and saw that one of the reasons it is smaller than others is that it contains a fresnel lens for one of the elements.

So why isn't this done more often? Smaller lenses with equal performance would be desirable...wouldn't they?

I have a Tamron 300mm f/2.8 and it weighs a ton. If I didn't have that already, something like this would be very tempting.

Nikon now has a second PF telephoto, the light and affordable 500mm. It is a fairly new technology for Nikon. Canon has had their Diffractive Optics or DO 400 for quite some time, plus a 70-300 DO.

Most reactions

Back