Solitude In A Fish Bowl

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was taken by the expression of the ape, what seemed a mixture of disinterest, disgust and defiance. I couldn't help but think what it would be like to live your life in small confined space, day after day of people staring at you from a few feet away, yet never interacting behind the thick glass. It left me feeling sad.
Solitude In A Fish Bowl by William Raber, on Flickr

Last edited:
Your photo expresses that.

It's a nice, expressive shot! It's a shame we feel we need to keep animals in small enclosures. I like the zoos that give the animals room to thrive, but those are few and far between. It would be better to leave them in the wild and let wildlife photographers and documentarians bring them to us.

Thanks guys, I know the animals were well cared for, but as you say the enclosure would have been small for animal born to run in the wild. Of course you must remember, I also was only assuming I had some insight to the inner workings of the ape's mind. For all I know he could have been been like a lot of other males, thinking "Why did I eat all those fermented bananas", "Do I dare trust a f..t in front of these people", I wonder what's on the dinner menu tonight", or " wonder where that foxy female is". :chuncky:

This photo actually makes me sad. But it’s really beautiful at the same time.

Most reactions

Back