Solmeta N1 - Anyone Have Input?

Why does it only work on Nikon & Fuji cameras? That's ****ed up. I want one too.

I'm telling... I'm going to report your post...

Don't blame them, blame Canon - Nikon has the functionality, I can't help I picked the right brand.

:lol:

On a more serious note, there are options for you - they're just not automatic, but can be automated.

Last edited:
I'll let it slide this time...

I am using a Easytagger GPS which works both on my D300s and D5000. It is a little expensive than Solmeta's. But it adds a 2GB tf card inside to store the trails file besides writing gps data directly into the photos.

I read what reviews I could and it looks like a promising unit, ordered one today so I'll know soon enough I guess.

Just curious who else here uses this device and what your experience is with it.

Thanks!

Shenzhen Solmeta Technology Co.Ltd.

I have a Solmeta and find that it is a good unit when it is able to acquire a signal. Even in an open field it sometimes takes a long time to lock on.... I have had it trying for 5 to 10 minutes. As well, there is a bit of a problem with the power wire from the camera to the unit ... you have to jiggle the wire ... otherwise I use the internal battery. I do like it for the heading function and the last signal function if you go indoors.
I did just recently get two Nikon GPS units ... they are more robust, acquire the satelites more quickly and stay locked on more consistently. I use these where I don't need heading info and am outdoors all the time.
Hope this helps.
Tim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back