Some baby portraits

jamie_

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A friend of mine's wife recently gave birth to their first child, Olivia.

I was at the house for 3 hours and all she did was cry! I managed to get a few decent shots and took the images round the next day. Wouldn't you believe it, she was so quiet and peaceful - simply delightful, and who had left the camera at home?! Oh well... Anyhow, here a few of the images.

Cheers, Jamie

Thanks, Jamie

I really like them!! but I htink it was the second one, it looks at first glance like he is giving the baby the middle finger :confused:

These are so cute. I love babies and how could anyone not fall in love with these!!!!!!

Haha, I can appreciate what you're all saying about the second one! Yes, it does look a little odd at first glance, but with closer inspection it's entirely innocent - she's just using his little finger as a teat!

Thanks for the comments.

Cheers, Jamie

I really love the perspective on that first one! You should definitely try for a reshoot if you can. The last screaming one is so powerful and scary and great because it's just a tiny little baby. I don't like the 3rd since you can't see enough of her face. The little fingers one is nice. Good way to bypass the screaming:)

One thing you have to know about babies is that you are working with a small window on their attention span, so if they start getting fussy, you can pretty much guarantee you are done. (I work with babies 4wks+ on a daily basis) If they start out in a bad mood, odds are you aren't going to be able to get them in a better one :lol: I think you got some good shots and for some reason I love those ones where the baby is pouting or screaming...one is good, because it does portray a good chunk of how they spend their little lives :lol:

A few thoughts on the poses themselves. #1 would be good at a different angle, more to the side maybe? It looks great how the arms come out of nowhere, but then the jeans throw it off to me. #2, I don't know there is just something weird about the way he is sticking his finger in the babies mouth and that other finger sticking straight up. #3 nothing you have done could make it better, it's all about a better emotion on the babies face :lol: That one is great other than the look. :) #4 the focus is on daddy's hands and not on baby #5 Excellent shot! If you do it again, just try having mom/dad whoever holds the baby extend their arms away from their body a tad more. #6 I think maybe it would look really nice if baby was gripping lower on the thumb, not right on top, but it's great lighting and such. #7 hehehehe, just love a good baby crying picture. Great exposure and everything on that one.

I think with a few minor adjustments you could do great things! Wish you'd have had your camera when she was in a better mood that next day!

I love #3 and #6. Aborable baby. =)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back