What's new

Some bird shots...

slakker

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 20, 2006
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
Coquitlam, BC
I took this one at the local zoo where they were doing a demonstration of falconry... the birds name is Legolas...

legolas.jpg


This one I took in Seattle by the pier where a homeless man was throwing bread crumbs up in the air...

sea-gull.jpg


I'd appreciate any critique on crop, color comp, etc..

I've downsized these in CS2 for Web... is that a good idea or should I keep them in higher quality for posting?

Thanks
 
Heya, slakker, and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
Two stunning pics to come here with first!
Great DOF on the first - "DOF" standing for "depth of field" in case you don't know (I didn't when I first joined, and many others don't know this abbreviation at first, either). Lovely background colour :D.

The second is really special.
Nothing to be said about composition or crop or colours. It is JUST RIGHT!
Downsizing for web is important, else the photos become too large for most members' computer screens. And it is no fun having to scroll left and right and up and down to get an idea of what the photo might show.
 
Thanks for the feedback... I've never really been good at telling whether my pictures are any good. I obviously like them, but never really know if the "art" comes through. I look at other peoples pictures and many times, they instill a feeling or emotion, I don't get those with mine. Maybe because the mystery isn't there, since I took the pictures themselves. :confused:

These 2 picutres were taken a couple of years ago when I got my Digital SLR.
 
The second one is excellent... you caught the wings perfectly! :thumbup:
 
The focus on the 2nd shot is sweet and a great comp from the perspective you shot it at. The first one looks like you had some lighting problems on the face though it's still a nice shot, the light was just not playing well with others at the time you shot.
 
MyCameraEye said:
The focus on the 2nd shot is sweet and a great comp from the perspective you shot it at. The first one looks like you had some lighting problems on the face though it's still a nice shot, the light was just not playing well with others at the time you shot.

I think I see what you mean. Are you referring to the glare off the hood? I'll have to watch for that in the histogram... any suggestions on how best to correct that? ie; underexpose slightly and correct in CS2?

Thanks for the feedback.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom