Reaction score
Website
razzi.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
30829d1.jpg

a302a62.jpg

23e1891.jpg

Fascinating images, but then birds always interest me. A little tight on the crop of the first and third ones (Please number your images in future postings - makes it easier to discuss if a reviewer can refer to them by number). Would also be nice to know what kind of birds they are. I can guess that the second one is a pair of flamingos, the first one is a raptor of some sort and the third one looks like a yellow-billed stork. Was I close?

WesternGuy

Fascinating images, but then birds always interest me. A little tight on the crop of the first and third ones (Please number your images in future postings - makes it easier to discuss if a reviewer can refer to them by number). Would also be nice to know what kind of birds they are. I can guess that the second one is a pair of flamingos, the first one is a raptor of some sort and the third one looks like a yellow-billed stork. Was I close?

WesternGuy

Hi WesternGuy, thanks for your comments but I am fairly new to birds. Not sure and flamingos is definitely correct. Took them while in our bird park. We have a very nice bird park here.

c84959d.jpg

I did some checking - the first one is probably a white-headed vulture native to large parts of Africa, the second are flamingos (we agreed on that), and the third one is a Yellow-billed Stork, indigenous to Africa, south of the Sahara. I saw all kinds of them (the storks) on my recent trip to Kenya, particularly in and around Nakuru park. HTH.

The fourth one you posted is a very cololurful bird, but I would have preferred to have more than the area around the eye and some of the head in focus.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back