Some Common Flys

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just to be upfront...all of my macros are full frame. Sometimes very slight cropping for composition, but that's it ;)

76326727-L.jpg

78230163-L.jpg

77473625-L.jpg

78434261-L.jpg

77733407-O.jpg

Wow!!! Very nice.

You must have to be patient to get those!

I like 1 and 3 here the best, What macro lens are you using?
Im thinking of getting the canon 100mm f/2.8 soon..

Thanks!
Yep...takes lots...and lots...and lots of patience :D

It depends on what I'm shooting. For flowers and general stuff, I use the Sigma 105mm. For bugs, I always use the Sigma 150mm f/2.8.

The extra working distance of the 150mm for bugs is great. But, I find it a bit awkward for shooting flowers. I have used both lenses for flowers and bugs though. Either one works equally well. The Sigma's are equally as sharp as the Canon 100mm. What I like most about the 150mm is that it has internal focusing.

THESE are why I said "Get in shape for the frequent :hail: we will have to do from now on" in reply to "woodsac`s" macros that are coming!!! These here EXACTLY!

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

superb shots, gotta dig those eyes

love your fly shots.... these are all great.... pin sharp... excellent work :thumbup:

just out of interest, what are you using on these shots for lighting?

Unbelievably sharp shots there Woodsac!! The colours and compo in #2 make it my fave, but the detail in all of them (right down to the little hairs on its legs, and the 'grid' pattern of its eyes) is just awesome.

Thanks so much everyone!

lostprophet said:
just out of interest, what are you using on these shots for lighting?
ProMaster 7500 with a Lumiquest softbox, mounted on a Manfrotto macro flash bracket via a Canon off camera hot shoe cord.

i can't find the jaw-dropping smiley...

amazing detail, incredible shots. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back