Some Egrets, and a Blind Spot.

matthewo

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I got my kwik camo a few days ago, needed to go try it out. I wanted a close up kingfisher photo. no luck on that one, I don't even want to get started on that :grumpy:. they have me cursing in the blind. I spends about 2-3 hours on two days waiting for a king fisher to land on a perch I setup close to. and one did both days, but the first day I was packing up and then it decided to come by, and landed and took off. then the second day as light was dwindling it came by perched and took off before I could get a photo, must have landed for 1/2 second. anyways, I will need to find a more active perch I guess.

here is an egret coming right at me while I setup in the blind at another location. I was also setup on a few tiny island in the middle of a lake I go to.

1)
blindphoto1.jpg

2) the fall foliage background
blindphoto2.jpg

3)
egretflight2.jpg

4)
kay1.jpg

some herons
5)
gbh2.jpg

6)
gbh1.jpg

7)
heron4.jpg

the blind setup for the first 2 egret shots. although I was hoping for possible a king fisher at a different location at the time.
blind1.png

blind2.png

Shots #4 and #7 are my favorites out of this selection. The log, and the partially submerged limb both add nice scale elements.

Beautiful photo's, as always!

Jake

Love #7! And #1 too, because I always like a good "incoming bird" photo!

Where'd you get the blind, and how much was it? Looks like it basically just goes over the top of you? I really want to find something, but I still want some mobility too. If I'm set up to look out at a kingfisher perch ahead of me, but then a hawk flies by to my left, I want to be able to turn and get the hawk without a problem; this looks like it would do that but I'd love to hear your thoughts about it!

Thanks, its $100 shipped at b&h. YouTube kwik camo and a decent video about it.

Its useful and compact with fast setup, but still somewhat cumbersome to move around with on. But if standing using a tripod you could swing around. Its possible to stick your head out as well. But it also has mesh to conseal your face. I might make a video with it for use

Mathew, great shots. I really like #2 and #7. Too bad about the kingfisher - I guess Murphy's law was in effect at those times. :mrgreen: Have patience and you will get one of them in a good shot.

WesternGuy

Very nice set. Really liking #2 and #4

Love #1 as it's an unusual look at this bird and agree with Derrel on #s 4 and 7. And what the hell is it with Kingfishers?

You have no idea how great these are to see Matt. Here in NZ we have less than 100 White Heron's (Egrets) and to see 3 in flight is just totally amazing. Where I am, we have only one in the entire area. All excellent shots and beautiful fine feathering in the Herons and Egrets. Impressive work and shots.

Danny.

#4 for me. I really enjoyed the action shot. Good stuff!

Wow! Your hard work paid off! Great shots! Be patient. The Kingfisher is trying out the spot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back