some favorites

seemoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.simonchristen.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't posted in a while. So I thought to post a couple of my favorite shots from the past couple of weeks. I hope you like them, please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

1. Mojave Desert Ghost Town.
2395019658_74f3819f85_o.jpg

2. Sunset on the way to the Salton Sea

2415029375_825a7b3500_o.jpg

3. Spring leaves

2342805686_206f473763_o.jpg

4. Same leaves from above but shot against the sun.

2341976875_061e9b7ce1_o.jpg

#2 and #4 are awesome shots in my opinion. #1 doesn't do anything for me (the lighting just doesn't make sense to me).

The first two are totally gorgeous, but then comes my most favourite colour of all, and therefore I must love the third photo. Maybe if you had moved the camera down just that tad that would have been necessary to include the blurred background leaf in the frame??? I think there may have been room to do so...

Backlit is better, much better, than against the bright sky... ;)

Those first two are really nice.

thank you all again for the commets.

(the lighting just doesn't make sense to me).

It's a long exposure during a full moon light. I personally like the lighting, but I would like to hear what bothers you about it.

LaFoto: Thanks a lot. I am going back and forth between the leave shots... I really like the spring colors in #3, but I think there is something mystical with just having the silhouette in #4. I also like the blacks, whites and dark blues together... Anyway, thank you for your comment...

Thanks again

It's a long exposure during a full moon light.

I'll be doing some full moon shots this next one, but just guess at what I'm doing. I notice you shot f6.3 at 4 minutes, mind telling how you can up with those settings?

thank you all again for the commets.

It's a long exposure during a full moon light. I personally like the lighting, but I would like to hear what bothers you about it.

It's just that i don't feel like you really captured the scene. It's way too bright for the subject matter and it doesn't really convey the awesome mood that i am sure this place has. I do however like the POV. But that's just me.

abraxas: It just kinda evolved into these settings by trying different things out. I wanted some star trailing but not too much, so 4 minutes sounded ok. And then it was just a matter of finding a good aperture. But looking back at it, I think these settings are underexposing the image. The version you see has quite a lot of correction in it done in Lightroom.

Pleasetakeitkind: Thanks again for your comment. I see your point, and I wanna try going back and develop the picture a little differently. Thanks.

Most reactions

Back