What's new

Some From Yesterday

jdsfighter

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 2, 2012
Messages
266
Reaction score
29
Location
Owasso, OK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was out at the park with a few friends yesterday, so I started snapping away. I had some serious fun.

#1
552735_4205382210001_1563195594_n.jpg


#2
599743_4205382610011_168955683_n.jpg


#3
524059_4205382930019_1425333062_n.jpg


#4
406041_4205383250027_2069091721_n.jpg


__________________________________________________ _________________
And a few from a couple days before

#5
560968_4185500832979_262616462_n.jpg


#6
181363_4185499432944_2056868114_n.jpg


#7
602564_4189395690348_878834804_n.jpg



Now I'm going to add one more thing. I got a time lapse featured on nation news :)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
#4: :shock: Wow!
 
#1, #2, and #3 are all basically good portraits of a dog. Well done. They're not great art, but are clearly not intended to be. They'd be perfectly fine as commercial pet photography. I might quibble with some choices about saturation, and the highlights look slightly blown here and there, but that's surely because you're going for a "look" which you nailed, so, good on ya!

#4 is technically very nice, but closeups of bugs all pretty much look the same to me. I lump them into a "novelty" class. We've seen photographs just like it a million times. But, there's not a thing wrong with it technically, and the composition is quite strong.

#5 and #6 are overprocessed messes, you appear to be trying to inject visual drama into a pretty boring picture of a park, albeit a park with some somewhat interesting clouds over it. Notice how all the dark trees are outlined with some light tone? Ugh. These are photographs were you see the processing, not the image.

#7 is a pretty boring picture of a park which, at least, you have not processed into oblivion in an effort to make it interesting ;)
 
#4: :shock: Wow!

Haha, good wow or bad wow XD

LOL.. Good wow! Holy crap wow! What kind of bug is this? How did you shoot it? Are those colours for real? PP?

That is a cicada, or a locust as some people call them. You see their empty shells everywhere this time of year. The colors were all out of the camera, it was done using a flashlight, and a soft blue led from below to emphasize the wings. It was shot using a 50mm f/1.8 at f/2.2. I had the camera positioned approximately one foot back, and then cropped in post processing to emphasize the cicada.

The only manipulation done to that was a lens correction, slight contrast increase, and removing the noise caused by using a higher iso.
 
#1, #2, and #3 are all basically good portraits of a dog. Well done. They're not great art, but are clearly not intended to be. They'd be perfectly fine as commercial pet photography. I might quibble with some choices about saturation, and the highlights look slightly blown here and there, but that's surely because you're going for a "look" which you nailed, so, good on ya!

#4 is technically very nice, but closeups of bugs all pretty much look the same to me. I lump them into a "novelty" class. We've seen photographs just like it a million times. But, there's not a thing wrong with it technically, and the composition is quite strong.

#5 and #6 are overprocessed messes, you appear to be trying to inject visual drama into a pretty boring picture of a park, albeit a park with some somewhat interesting clouds over it. Notice how all the dark trees are outlined with some light tone? Ugh. These are photographs were you see the processing, not the image.

#7 is a pretty boring picture of a park which, at least, you have not processed into oblivion in an effort to make it interesting ;)

#5 and #6 were both 9 shot hdr's, very little processing was done with the exception of increasing contrast, slight sharpening, as well as a saturation boost. I didn't entirely care for the outcome, but they were neat all the same.
 
4 would be better right-side up in my opinion. It looks like you flipped it intentionally. If not, you should ;)

The best dog shot is 3, but the blown sky behind the dog's head is a big negative for me.

I don't mind cooked HDR as long as there is something interesting about the photo as well - not so much with 5 and 6 here.
 
4 would be better right-side up in my opinion. It looks like you flipped it intentionally. If not, you should ;)

The best dog shot is 3, but the blown sky behind the dog's head is a big negative for me.

I don't mind cooked HDR as long as there is something interesting about the photo as well - not so much with 5 and 6 here.

The cicada was upside down on the rail, which is why it came out this way.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom