What's new

Some Gave All

DRoberts

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
779
Reaction score
3
Location
Springfield, Missouri
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_3840edit.jpg


IMG_3841edit.jpg


Picture009edit.jpg


Picture008edit.jpg
 
I don't want to get to political, but I can appreciate the images you posted because...

Two days ago I attended the funeral service for SSG Matt Maupin here in Cincinnati, at the Great American Ballpark. Matt was MIA for four years until they recently found his body.

There has been such an outpouring of support here in the Cincinnati area for Matt and his family, that they decided to hold the service at the stadium. 10,000 people attended on Sunday.

I went because I am former military and felt I owed it to him, and I wanted to capture the service. I shot a few hundred images and was planning on posting something here on TPF, but haven't gone through all of them yet. After your post I thought maybe I should go ahead.

Last part of my story... yesterday my 16 year old son was complaining about something stupid, so I brought this up on the screen (23" Apple Cinima Display), and told him, "Things could always be worse", he apologized.

Maybe more later.

Comments (non-political) welcome.

Maupin.jpg
 
Chris Stegner - Please do not add you photos to another members thread, Please start your own
 
I should have read the rules. I apologize if I've upset anyone. I thought I'd seen this done in other threads.

DRoberts, Jeff, I'm sorry

Chris
 
Nice shots, Darren. I like the sepia tone.

PS--I just noticed that you spelled your last name wrong on your watermark in the last photo you posted. Just thought I'd point that out if you want to change it.
 
I should have read the rules. I apologize if I've upset anyone. I thought I'd seen this done in other threads.

DRoberts, Jeff, I'm sorry

Chris

Not a problem Chris.

KristinaS - PS--I just noticed that you spelled your last name wrong on your watermark in the last photo you posted. Just thought I'd point that out if you want to change it.

Ty for pointing that out. finger dyselxia:)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom