What's new

Some general "fun" pictures I took in Asia

Antithesis

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
1,340
Reaction score
16
Location
Caribbean
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just some final edits of some of my favorite images of the trip. A couple of them are reposts, my apologies. I finally sized them for the web as well, woohoo.
1.
2414501452_96714729e5_o.jpg

2.
2414501336_687bd5ea07_o.jpg

3.
2414500976_5f20910516_o.jpg

4.
2414500748_30c577cf8b_o.jpg

5.
2414500372_40a9d6c9cd_o.jpg

6.
2414501102_024332374d_o.jpg

7.
2413675503_9d2f5e0c88_o.jpg

8.
2413674895_7cfe325b87_o.jpg

9.
2414501250_b1fd900554_o.jpg
 
All very nice.. I love the boat one though. It makes me want to go to the beach.
 
Yeah I love that one of the boat. Where exactly was this?

Ko Phi Phi Lai in Thailand, more specifically Ma Ya beach. It's the spot where they filmed 'The Beach'. It was an amazing place until about a thousand more tourists showed up :confused:, atleast I got a cool picture though.
 
Bumpt
 
WOW some awesome pictures. I am planing a trip to asia after summer. I hope I get shots like that.

Also I am a bit of a newbie, but I was wondering how you came up with the first image. I mean how did you make that effect? I would assume long shutter speed? What settings did you use on you camera, if you remember.

Nice blurry pictures. i love them

You have more pictures of that trip?

:)
 
Wow, awesome photos!! Really nice work! My faves are 1 and 4.
 
I love 4, 5, 6, 8, and 9! They're so great. They definitely look like a lot of fun.

What camera did you use?
 
WOW some awesome pictures. I am planing a trip to asia after summer. I hope I get shots like that.

Also I am a bit of a newbie, but I was wondering how you came up with the first image. I mean how did you make that effect? I would assume long shutter speed? What settings did you use on you camera, if you remember.

Nice blurry pictures. i love them

You have more pictures of that trip?

:)

The first picture was actually taken hand-held about 20-30 minutes after the sun set. I was shooting at 12mm, so I think I got as low ISO as I could to get around 1/15th of a second at f8 or something. I'll have to check the metadata. You'd be surprised some of the pictures you can take using the bright lights of a city, I had tons of hand-held images taken well after dark that night. The only PP I did on that one was a crop, sharpening and a little clean-up. That image is suprisingly close to the image that came off my camera with a slight boost in saturation in-camera.

I have a lot more pictures of the trip (like, in the thousands), I have just edited these ones so far.
 
Incredible shots. The boat picture is definitely my favorite though I love 4-8 a lot. I hope you plan to print some of these as it would be a shame if they only saw the inside of a computer screen.
 
Rofl, I just calibrated my monitor and realized how horribly oversaturated they all are. Ugh, now I have to fix all of them :(
 
The first picture was actually taken hand-held about 20-30 minutes after the sun set. I was shooting at 12mm, so I think I got as low ISO as I could to get around 1/15th of a second at f8 or something. I'll have to check the metadata. You'd be surprised some of the pictures you can take using the bright lights of a city, I had tons of hand-held images taken well after dark that night. The only PP I did on that one was a crop, sharpening and a little clean-up. That image is suprisingly close to the image that came off my camera with a slight boost in saturation in-camera.

I have a lot more pictures of the trip (like, in the thousands), I have just edited these ones so far.

thx for the feedback. This forum is very good to learn new stuff.

keep up the good the good work.
 
1, 4 & 9 are great! Thank you for sharing.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom