Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yes, I know they are for the most part 'tacky tourist shots' but when you travel on a schedule you make the best of it. These are for the most part, 'right out of the camera' as I've not had time to fully post-process them. I'll post the up-dated versions as I get to them. Thoughts, comments, and critique and suggestions always appreciated.

A couple of pictures from our meet up with the Standing Naval Force (Mediterranean)
Canadian Destroyer HMCS Iroquois
HMCS_Iroquoios.jpg

The NATO Fleet
Fleet_8x10.jpg

An EAV-8B Harrier II lands aboard the Italian carrier Guiseppe Garabaldi
Harrier_landing_8x10.jpg

A view of the tunnels in Fort San Cristobal, San Juan, Puetro Rico
8x10_8%20(Medium).jpg

The passage way between barrack rooms
8x10_9%20(Medium).jpg

Just the side of a building in San Juan; the simplicity and colours appealed to me
5x7_2%20(Medium).jpg

I don't find them tacky tourist shots - who really gets to take pics of the ships like that?
My Grandfather fought in WW2 from HMCS Summerside - just thought I'd tell you. ;)
Really like the Nato Fleet, and the tunnels in the fort - both, to me, really stand out in terms of composition and where they draw my eye.
I also like the baracks one, but I'm wondering what it may look like in b&w?
Anyways, I think they are great. :)

Thanks! You're right, a B&W on the barracks one has potential; the tunnel I think needs some of the highlights toning down a little.. I'm also working on a B&W of the NATO fleet, trying to get that WWII feeling. I'll post them here when I get them done.

Most reactions

Back