What's new

Some general travel photos (A

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Joined
Jul 8, 2005
Messages
45,715
Reaction score
14,785
Location
Victoria, BC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yes, I know they are for the most part 'tacky tourist shots' but when you travel on a schedule you make the best of it. These are for the most part, 'right out of the camera' as I've not had time to fully post-process them. I'll post the up-dated versions as I get to them. Thoughts, comments, and critique and suggestions always appreciated.

A couple of pictures from our meet up with the Standing Naval Force (Mediterranean)
Canadian Destroyer HMCS Iroquois
HMCS_Iroquoios.jpg

The NATO Fleet
Fleet_8x10.jpg

An EAV-8B Harrier II lands aboard the Italian carrier Guiseppe Garabaldi
Harrier_landing_8x10.jpg


A view of the tunnels in Fort San Cristobal, San Juan, Puetro Rico
8x10_8%20(Medium).jpg

The passage way between barrack rooms
8x10_9%20(Medium).jpg


Just the side of a building in San Juan; the simplicity and colours appealed to me
5x7_2%20(Medium).jpg
 
I don't find them tacky tourist shots - who really gets to take pics of the ships like that?
My Grandfather fought in WW2 from HMCS Summerside - just thought I'd tell you. ;)
Really like the Nato Fleet, and the tunnels in the fort - both, to me, really stand out in terms of composition and where they draw my eye.
I also like the baracks one, but I'm wondering what it may look like in b&w?
Anyways, I think they are great. :)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
Thanks! You're right, a B&W on the barracks one has potential; the tunnel I think needs some of the highlights toning down a little.. I'm also working on a B&W of the NATO fleet, trying to get that WWII feeling. I'll post them here when I get them done.
 
yeah if you put some contrast into those photos, they'd really turn out sick!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom