Some HDR Graphical Portraits and picture at Disney Land

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here some single image faux HDR photos. Used the raw image and did a -2 and +2 and dumped them into photomatix. Then had some fun with photoshop, topaz and nik color effex.
These are pictures of a recent trip to Disneyland and well was bored today so I played around with some photos.

Keep in mind that some of the processing on these is trying to get the "Magical" feel to the images given the place they were taken. I am not going for anything close to natural so please do not say they are not photo realistic because they are not supposed to be.

ari and frog matted by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

zeah and sword by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

zion magic door by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

ari and boys in t_cup by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

I really like them, especially the last one. Photocartoocharateristic ... I invented the word. :)

I dig the sword in the stone one! Curious, what's the difference between hdr and tone mapping since I see you have 2 different flickr pages for them?

I really like them, especially the last one. Photocartoocharateristic ... I invented the word. :)

Thanks I had fun with these and have a few more.....

I like that word.. I am going to have to bite it......ahahhaahaha

I dig the sword in the stone one! Curious, what's the difference between hdr and tone mapping since I see you have 2 different flickr pages for them?

Thanks!!

My say on HDR and tone-mapping vs faux HDR

HDR = 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 + to get the dynamic range of the scene.

Tone-mapping = Just taking a single image and running it through tone-mapping software

Faux HDR = taking a single Image and manually adjusting exposure like -2,+2 and then running it through HDR software

So my tone-mapping page is just single exposed image that ran through photomatix for tone-mapping.

These family holiday photos exceed the vast majority's :thumbsup: Such shots should be fun, and these are! :D

I like the facial expressions in #1 and #2, especially #1 mimicking the frog. Cute! :) I'd crop that one a bit tighter.

Truely the last ones are perfect, too cool! The setting is so surreal it makes this type of photography most suitable.

You have way too much free time.

a couple more. After doing these I really liked them a lot so I decided to make a vacation book for our family. The book is a hard back book and you can add brief descriptions and or comments.

I thought instead of keeping these in the computer it would be cool to make something to be able to share and look at.

Augie Keeping the Magic in by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

boys in toon town by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back