Reservoir Sunset HDR

kalgra

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was messing around at a local reservoir the other day and started messing around with HDR. Personally I have never really liked the way 90% of my own HDR images have turned out but this one I did like. Then again I don't know much about processing HDR.

I installed the Google NIK plugin for PS for its noise reduction tool and noticed it also had an HDR plug in as well and thought what the heck might as well try it and it seemed to work pretty well for me. What are others using for HDR? Is Photomatix still the "best" one out there?

This is a 3 shot HDR +/- 2 stops. C+C welcome.

Stanley Lake Sunset by Kristian Algra, on Flickr

Last edited:
I was messing around at a local reservoir the other day and started messing around with HDR. Personally I have never really liked the way 90% of my own HDR images have turned out but this one I did like. Then again I don't know much about processing HDR.

I installed the Google NIK plugin for PS for its noise reduction tool and noticed it also had an HDR plug in as well and thought what the heck might as well try it and it seemed to work pretty well for me. What are others using for HDR? Is Photomatix still the "best" one out there?

This is a 3 shot HDR +/- 2 stops. C+C welcome.

Stanley Lake by Kristian Algra, on Flickr
Really nice image!

A well done HDR image IMO.

Dave

Unrelated to the HDR aspect, I am kind of wishing this was a vertical panorama. The "ground" is so dynamic, and on this day the clouds seem like they were really lively, and it would have made such a beautiful a-symmetrical Rorschach-esque effect if there could be more of the sky in frame to match the amount of foreground shown.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone

Unrelated to the HDR aspect, I am kind of wishing this was a vertical panorama. The "ground" is so dynamic, and on this day the clouds seem like they were really lively, and it would have made such a beautiful a-symmetrical Rorschach-esque effect if there could be more of the sky in frame to match the amount of foreground shown.

I did actually do one but some sort of weird artifact in the sky showed up while processing one of the HDR images in the panorama. I believe I can fix it but it was too time consuming for me to complete before starting back into a very busy work week.

Most reactions

Back