some local hdr

automaton2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
IMG_0072_1_0_tonemapped.jpg

ppl-3.jpg

ppl-4.jpg

ppl.jpg

IMO, these are waaaaay to over the top on the processing. They don't even slightly resemble photographs anymore to me. The second one would be the best of the bunch, since it's has the least haloing.

IMO, these are waaaaay to over the top on the processing. They don't even slightly resemble photographs anymore to me. The second one would be the best of the bunch, since it's has the least haloing.

I hate giving less than positive critique, especially in an area in which I have very little experience. But I've got to agree 100%, with this assesment.

As a matter of fact, when I voted for the photo of the month, that's what I based my pick's on. The Hdr processing was so far over the top, that while from an artistic standpoint, many or all of them were beautiful works, I think many lost every aspect of (what I think) make a beautifully reproduced photo, of an object or whatever.

That being said, I do believe you put your heart and soul in these, the work and thought that went into it, jumps out immediately, but this HDR stuff, is creating more work that look likes cartoons, or drawings than, photo's of nature, objects, etc..just my .02's worth, many others may rave over these. Some times these things are just so subjective, so I may be in a minority in my opinion.

J.:mrgreen:

Whats up with the ultra weird blue rectangular "artifact?" on the "crane?" on top of the building on the third one? I noticed it's not really there on the fourth one.
These are neat I suppose but I don't really enjoy looking at them. I can't do HDR yet so you did better than I could.

Most reactions

Back