Some More Autumn Colors In The Smoky Mountains

Scott Whaley

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just wanted to post some more photos I took last weekend. I took these photos in Cades Cove in Blount County, TN. The colors are just fantastic. Hope you enjoy them.

Leaf Photos (1 of 42).jpg
Leaf Photos (2 of 42).jpg
Leaf Photos (3 of 42).jpg
Leaf Photos (4 of 42).jpg
Leaf Photos (5 of 42).jpg
Leaf Photos (6 of 42).jpg
Leaf Photos (7 of 42).jpg
Leaf Photos (8 of 42).jpg
Leaf Photos (9 of 42).jpg
Leaf Photos (10 of 42).jpg
Leaf Photos (11 of 42).jpg
Leaf Photos (12 of 42).jpg

Attachments

• Leaf Photos (13 of 42).jpg
    Leaf Photos (13 of 42).jpg
    766.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Leaf Photos (14 of 42).jpg
    Leaf Photos (14 of 42).jpg
    860.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Leaf Photos (15 of 42).jpg
    Leaf Photos (15 of 42).jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 133
Here are some I took while on the Foothills Parkway in Blount County, TN.

Leaf Photos (41 of 42).jpg
Leaf Photos (39 of 42).jpg
Leaf Photos (34 of 42).jpg
Leaf Photos (31 of 42).jpg
Leaf Photos (29 of 42).jpg

Fine scenery. I am seeing quite a few striations in the sky of some of them. Probably sharpening or compression issues I'd imagine.

Fine scenery. I am seeing quite a few striations in the sky of some of them. Probably sharpening or compression issues I'd imagine.

It could be. I tend to over process in order to get a bluer sky.

Beautiful! When we were there -rain and heavy clouds. But it’s a great place.

Scott, I do enjoy them. I love the vantage point from across the pasture. All are very nice photographs. What camera and lenses was your choice for this trip?

BTW, living in NC we went to the mts to view and photograph near Mt Mitchell, NC. We were there a few weeks too early, but still nice experience. I posted a few on flickr including our Elk trip at Cherokee 2 weeks earlier.

Last edited:
Scott, I do enjoy them. I love the vantage point from across the pasture. All are very nice photographs. What camera and lenses were your choice for this trip?

BTW, living in NC we went to the mts to view and photograph near Mt Mitchell, NC. We were there a few weeks t0o early, but still nice experience. I posted a few on flickr including our Elk trip at Cherokee 2 weeks earlier.

I used my Canon 5d mk ii with the stock lens and had a wide angle lens adapter on it. We live in Knoxville and the Smokys are only 45 minutes away. We saw 3 bear cubs, but I could not get a good photo of them. My wife did.

I'm guessing it's the wide angle adapter causing the severe blur at the edges.

You are correct. One of the things I hate about that lens.

Scott, I do enjoy them. I love the vantage point from across the pasture. All are very nice photographs. What camera and lenses was your choice for this trip?

BTW, living in NC we went to the mts to view and photograph near Mt Mitchell, NC. We were there a few weeks too early, but still nice experience. I posted a few on flickr including our Elk trip at Cherokee 2 weeks earlier.

I took this one last year while at Cherokee.

IMG_20190930_181616_780.jpg

You are correct. One of the things I hate about that lens.
Which lens is that you're referring to?
I have a manual 20mm f2.8 ais lens that is soft in the corners. The key is to compose and then focus on the edges for landscape and stop down to an appropriate aperture to minimize the effects. For street and such it's not so important. Modern lenses are better corrected for field curvature and distortion. I'll upgrade someday as all my lenses are 35 yr old lenses from my film days, but I've been getting by because I'm of humble means and cheap.

Last edited:
blur at the edges, oversaturated so the colours look almost toxic and trivial composition .. you need to have something close .. some object, bush or tree or stone .. just hayfield with nothing in close distance is boring ...also would be great if you'd share some technical data like for example ap, shutter speed and focal length for each photo ..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back