Photos OK to edit
hope all is doing well, C&C welcome!!

DSC_0054-1.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, instead of hitting preview post to see if I attached the photos correctly I accidently submitted new thread :thumbdown: lol... oops... anyways I think I've got it now, enjoy!

Were you the one posting the owl pics?

Those were nice.. these are good as well. Can't critique really because (to me) it looks like you everything 'right.' I love #4, the shallow depth, sharp eye. I also really like #5 even though I think it was in your other thread too.

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, the owls were mine. As for other thread, #5 wasn't in there.

-Marco

These are simple, straightforward compositions, each one with a single,simple,clear main subject. Very simple photos. Nothing fancy, just simple, direct, fairly tight shots of animals. I like the low vantage point and the out of focus foreground leading to the profile view of the green lizzard, and I think the mostly submerged alligator's head and eyes is kind of interesting. The peacock fanning out his tail is a rather cliche shot these days, but hey, that's what a big peacock looks like...the tropical bird (parrot?) is framed a bit too tightly for my taste, and the bird in the top photo is a bit low in the frame, but still a clear,simple shot, well-focused. I don't know what level of class you're taking, but I would imagine that many in the class would like to be able to make such clear,simple, uncluttered compositions. As for suggestions, I'd crop about 20% off the right of the lizzard shot, and maybe 10 percent off the left hand side of the alligator shot to make it a sort of "bullseye abstract" composition, which flaunts the rule against centering things, by deliberately centering the gagtor's eyes right in the middle of the frame.

What's amusing about the gator is the placid, gently rippled water and the soft powder-blue sky with white clouds reflected on the water's surface--so peaceful, so calming...and then underneath are all those gator teeth...the shot could use a bit of intensification of the blue tones...if you have PS, Selective Color would be a good place to intensify the blues...if you have Nik SOftware's Viveza, or Nikon Capture NX2, you could add a Control Point and then just intensify the blue tones, and make that a bit more crisp and graphic and intense.

Anyway...you're doing okay as far as showing realities through photography. Nothing outlandish, just straight,simple photography (which I like).

Derrel, thank you for your time I see and understand what you are talking about. This is my first photography class. With the Alligator picture, you're saying to un center it? Or make it more center? As for the peacock, I've never seen one in person before, my professor said that if you ever see one that the feathers make a wonderful background for itself so I gave it a try :). As for photoshop or other PP progrmas, I'm not familiar with any PP software, I think digital photography will be my next class :) Thanks again for your time, very appreciated!

-Marco

I think this is what Derrel had in mind. Maybe not though.

I kinda like his head dead center though..

gator1.jpg

-#4 is my absolute favorite, besides being cute it's on point. :love:
-I like how #5 fills the whole frame and that it's not centered.

On the alligator shot, I thought making the gator's eyes in the center of the frame,from left to right, would look good, along with a bit of intensification of the blue. I eyeballed the original shot and thought that the gator was a tiny bit too far to the right of center--not by much. Reznap (Paul) did a good job on intensifying the blue tones. Yes, peacocks fan their tails out like that at times, and they are a spectacular bird. Pretty gaudy,large, and kind of weird. Their calls are very unusual, sounding almost like a woman screaming "Help!" when heard from a distance.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back