These are simple, straightforward compositions, each one with a single,simple,clear main subject. Very simple photos. Nothing fancy, just simple, direct, fairly tight shots of animals. I like the low vantage point and the out of focus foreground leading to the profile view of the green lizzard, and I think the mostly submerged alligator's head and eyes is kind of interesting. The peacock fanning out his tail is a rather cliche shot these days, but hey, that's what a big peacock looks like...the tropical bird (parrot?) is framed a bit too tightly for my taste, and the bird in the top photo is a bit low in the frame, but still a clear,simple shot, well-focused. I don't know what level of class you're taking, but I would imagine that many in the class would like to be able to make such clear,simple, uncluttered compositions. As for suggestions, I'd crop about 20% off the right of the lizzard shot, and maybe 10 percent off the left hand side of the alligator shot to make it a sort of "bullseye abstract" composition, which flaunts the rule against centering things, by deliberately centering the gagtor's eyes right in the middle of the frame.
What's amusing about the gator is the placid, gently rippled water and the soft powder-blue sky with white clouds reflected on the water's surface--so peaceful, so calming...and then underneath are all those gator teeth...the shot could use a bit of intensification of the blue tones...if you have PS, Selective Color would be a good place to intensify the blues...if you have Nik SOftware's Viveza, or Nikon Capture NX2, you could add a Control Point and then just intensify the blue tones, and make that a bit more crisp and graphic and intense.
Anyway...you're doing okay as far as showing realities through photography. Nothing outlandish, just straight,simple photography (which I like).