some new bromoils, with colored inks

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been experimenting with colored inks on my bromoil prints over the last few days. Not sure everything I've done works, but I have had fun doing it.

This is an image I've posted before, when I was playing with toners. I thought it would make a decent bromoil. This is from an HIE negative:

The base ink coat is brown, followed by some blue in the sky and a touch of red worked in.

Footsteps in the sand:

584-footstepsinthesand-bromoil.jpg

Another HIE negative, I think from the same roll. Again the base inking was done in brown, followed by a layer of blue, which made for an interesting color combo.

Florida tree:

584-HIEtree-bromoil.jpg

This was shot with Ilford FP4. Brown base with a little blue inked around the corners.

Kennesaw Mountain:

584-KennesawMtn-bromoil.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D

Nice stuff, Terri. I like the cannon best, and the beach next. Charlie's gonna love these, I'm sure!

Thanks, guys! :)

I think I was drawn to trying bromoils because it is such a retro look - very Pictorial. Some of them definitely have it more than others. Some of them I've seen look more Impressionistic to me. Depends on the selected image, I guess.

I don't mind if you copy the look, Charlie. Have at it!

Thank you, Jeff! :)

Charlie: the dark edges are sort of a classic bromoil touch. I don't do it all the time (in the second one for instance). The top one I did it rather heavily to create a "pool of light" in the center and, in the case of the cannon image, I thought the blue would be more interesting.

I have more that have been drying, so consider yourselves warned. :mrgreen:

mysteryscribe said:
I like the way they look and that's what is important it's the finished image for me. And no matter what you did inbetween they look spectacular.
I did a lot of yelling in between, actually. Things like: "Why isn't this working?!" and "This looks like crap!!" to name but a few. :lol:

you must have been standing in my lab today. I have had a pinhole camera I can not get a light leak out of. I decided that since it is an oddball format it is gone anyway. I'll save the frame in case I decide to go with a more simple format. Actually I want to build a 5x7 camera with a glass lens.

So if you were around my place you would have heard words you never knew existed. That was my point.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back