Some new emulsion lifts - coin series

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's what I've been doing lately. I remembered my husband's old coin collection and decided they might be fun to play with. All I had in the fridge was Polapan 56, which is sepia film, in 4x5 sheets. I thought it might go well with the coins, even though some of them are silver! :wink: Just playin'.

Unknown person on this US coin from 1909:

normal_1909%20coin%201.jpg

A dime from the British Isles:

normal_BI%20coin%201.jpg

And a penny from the British Isles (this was one tiny little coin, so I decided to literally rip into it to make it seem larger):

normal_BI%20coin%202.jpg

Those are very cool, terri!! How exactly did you do it? I got lost. Did you use a 4x5 camera or did you have slides of these that you printed onto the 4x5 with your daylab or did I just get totally lost.... :)

PS - really nice to see you back around these parts, Mark. :)

Dadgum, terri. You leave for a few days and come back with this awesome work. I reallly need to start doing these too.

Hi Mark!! I agree with Orie - don't be a stranger 'round hyah! :wink:

Orie, I just set all the coins on top of my SX-70 camera case and shot with 50 ISO slide film (Kodak I think). I have a 4x5 sheet film holder that fits into the Daylab, so even though I don't have the 120 Daylab head, I can cheat a little and get this larger format.

See? You weren't lost at all, I'm just a crappy explainer. :p

Glad you liked them, I had fun with this project.

hobbes28 said:
Dadgum, terri. You leave for a few days and come back with this awesome work. I reallly need to start doing these too.

bwahahah!!!! We're sucking you further into the Polaroid abyss.... :twisted:

But thank you, the process is fun and you can really get crazy with it. :D

Most reactions

Back