What's new

Some of my better ones (first post)

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some of my better ones. critiques are welcome!

1.
AngelDBJ.jpg


2.
PowerPlantDBJ.jpg


3.
TRANSPARENT.jpg
 
Last edited:
First of all: I find your "watermark" severely distracting, diminishes the fun of viewing your photos considerably...

Further: well done on the aquarium shot, it is NOT easy to get the fish into focus like this through the thick glass, as often the light situation isn't the most favourable. If this was your home aquarium: did you set up your tripod for this photo?

Night photography with smoke that turned into "cotton wool" because of the long exposure, and an aperture chosen that was small enough to turn the one brighter light source into a star (unlike a large bright blob, which happens when your aperture is wide open, I guess you know that already). However, I feel there is far too much empty space here and the factory as such did not offer you enough lights to really "jump out at the viewer".

I simply do not understand that last one here.
 
I like all 3 photos. My only complaint is in #1. It would had been nice to get the fish totally in frame but I can understand because I imagine it was hard getting that photo in the first place. Keep it up!
 
1- great job on this shot, as mentionned above. Aquariums are annoying to shoot through. And I also agree that the watermark is horrible.

2- Not liking the subject and composition of this shot. Alot of darkness and empty space and the subject isn't well suited to be in the middle of the frame. I figure you wanted alot of smoke in the shot? Then maybe just shooting higher up and closer in to just get the chimney and the smoke. Or zoom in again and move the chimney to the left of the frame and have the building more in the middle. The part of light/smoke on the bottom left isn't adding much to the image either.

3- I dont get this one or what you were going for. Is that a glass shard in the middle? Composition again isn't interesting and it makes the image just bla and confusing. I'm at a loss of tips to shoot differently.
 
Thanks all! I have some other fish shots that i can post later. It is my own aquarium, and aquatic-photography.com has helped me out greatly with my fishy shots.

The third one was used for my "transparent" potw in my photo class. It is a piece of glass placed upright, with a piece of wood directly behind it. The way the glass affected the sliver of wood was unplanned, but i just liked it.

Sorry about the watermark. Ill fix it on my next photopost (when my laptop is back in action).
 
As has been mentioned before in the fish shot if the whole fish had been in the frame it would have been much improved. Consider where the fish's eye would have been. You said you were taking a photography class, I'm sure they have covered the rule of thirds. Regardless of the flaws the shot is well focused and exposed. Keep shooting and posting. As many have mentioned, get rid of the watermark. Best of luck.

Craig
 
thanks craig! If i remember correctly, i have a full-fish shot on my laptop, so ill upload that as soon as i can.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom