Some of my first pics non edited

Donplayer813

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey peeps havent gotten much time to shoot but here are some of the images i took this past sunday , please give me some tips and tell me which ones you like- i uploaded them through photobucket so the quality might change i think

#1 - A mushroom that i though was awesome
josy156.jpg

#2- A small frog that I found
josy129.jpg

#4/#5 sorry im not good at doing the nice posts yet lol

josy098.jpg
josy115.jpg

# 2 and 3 leave me guessing as to what is the main focus #4 would be absolutely gorgeous if it was much closer to the butterfly and you boosted saturation a little on it to show the main focus point, with 5 i feel there's no real subject but i do like the idea behind i suggest trying to re shoot that until you see something you think looks better, as for the last one good job on the depth of field and focus but get a more interesting subject for it. and just realizing i skipped as for 1 try getting closer, take it as a rule of thumb even when you think your close enough take another 2 steps closer to the subject see how it works for you and good luck =]

#1 & #2 I feel look like snap shots. You used flash on #1?

#4 I agree would have been nice closer or crop it make the butterfly larger.

#6 I like the DOF, don't like the dull colors and centering of the subject

Keep shooting...I'm still learning with my D90 as well. :thumbup:

1 looks like you used the pop up flash so the lighting is a bit harsh. The second one looks like it is out of focus and/or there is a bit of camera shake. 3 isn't to bad but placing your subjects dead center is a classic mistake we all make when we first start shooting. Try off setting them a little to bring more attention to it and make it less boring. 4 is a bit bright but the subject is nice. Butterflies are not that easy, they move so much :LOL: 5 is a little underexposed but a nice area. I would say go back there maybe around sunset/sunrise and try again. If you have a tripod bring that as well. If you go in the morning there could be some fog and that with the trees and sunrise would be pretty amazing. 6 is a nice shot. Good bokeh but once again this is in the dead center of the frame. I'm sure you won't be centering anymore. Your shots are progressing from wheny you first got the camera. Keep on shootin' and have fun!
tj

I like #3, the dead things around the bright colorful leaves makes it interesting. Like whats been said, it is too centered.

Thx a bunch to everyone that posted , Tj i appriciate the fact that you relized that i have gotten a tad better . I definatley will take the off -center idea into concideration , now question should the off center shot be done with editing , it just seems easier . however i do want to get better at using only manuel controls ...

Once again thx for the tip and ill keep posting

Shroom is a nice picture needs color enhancement to bring it out

Most reactions

New Topics

Back