Some of my nightlife photography from last night...

Oh thats weak. The whole gallery kind of tells a story... but ok, here are a few images...

999_0132.jpg

999_0082.jpg

999_0065.jpg

999_0076.jpg

999_0050.jpg

I never bring my gear into a nightclub......nightclubs usually have booze, and cameras = evidence of drunken debauchery.

Personally these are very over saturated and very very contrasty. In most cases the blacks are crushed so much that there is absolutely no texture, just black or color. This also makes the highlights feel a lot brighter then they actually are, which for me irritates my eyes (makes me feel as if I'm looking into the sun almost).

In the first image you actually damage the quality because of the enhanced contrast, you can see a blue line caused by motion blur around the dresses. This wouldn't be the most obvious error until you boost contrast and by doing so boost the appearance of the outline.

I think you have some really great shots but just over processed them. I understand this can be a stylistic choice, however these images aren't going to scale well. This level of pixel damage makes it very difficult for programs to alter the size of the image without losing quality.

Personally these are very over saturated and very very contrasty. In most cases the blacks are crushed so much that there is absolutely no texture, just black or color. This also makes the highlights feel a lot brighter then they actually are, which for me irritates my eyes (makes me feel as if I'm looking into the sun almost).

In the first image you actually damage the quality because of the enhanced contrast, you can see a blue line caused by motion blur around the dresses. This wouldn't be the most obvious error until you boost contrast and by doing so boost the appearance of the outline.

I think you have some really great shots but just over processed them. I understand this can be a stylistic choice, however these images aren't going to scale well. This level of pixel damage makes it very difficult for programs to alter the size of the image without losing quality.

Thanks for the CC. I agree with that they look over processed and overexposed. If you saw this gallery "color correct" however, it would look really boring.

Most reactions

Back