What's new

Some of my photos - Please Critque!!

Eventer

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Messages
511
Reaction score
10
Location
Christchurch, New Zealand
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay only recently ive upgraded to a DSLR, but these photos below are taken on a Olympus point and shoot, and to be honest im pretty impressed how they came out, the camera is only 4mp too.
So please critque, im rather new to photography and any tips much appreciated!!

1029272388a9311552534l.jpg


1029272388a9311552495l.jpg


1029272388a9311552742l.jpg


1029272388a9426534470l.jpg


1029272388a10669147443l.jpg

I really do love action shots, i have loads more but not sure i should bore everyone with my horse obbsesion!
 
I wouldn't be bored, I have a bit of a horse obssesion too!
 
Pretty impressive for a point and shoot, especially the first two shots. I'd love to see some shots with your DSLR!
 
Good job with P&S. Welcome to wonderful world of SLRs. Keep your mind open learn from others and you'll be shooting hard core in no time ;)
 
You didn't have to wait until you could buy a $500.00 DSLR, or a $1,000.00 DSLR, and some high-end fast glass.

You used what you had at the time, did your best with it, and took some nice photos considering.

Your composition is fine, nothing was cropped, focus is pretty much fine, there is brokeh where there should be. I am not that nuts about #3, #4 is a little washed out and overexposed, but I've seen worse images taken with far "better" equipment.

Would love to see what you can do with your DSLR.

Happy shooting!
 
Thanks =] they would definatly be the better ones ive got with a point and shoot. yes im so excited for my SLR to arrive!!
Yep i did notice with action shots outs side the camera did tend to wash the pictures out a little.
Unfortunatly my poor wee P&S died a while ago! :grumpy: LOL
 
9qeg3l.jpg

Heres another which i like alot actually, its edited a bit. its of my horse i recently sold :(
 
I love the horse's eye. Seriously a beautiful shot.
 
I like the eye shot, and would love to see more horse pictures. I mostly shoot hunters and jumpers but am trying to branch out some.
 
The horse's eye is very cool, I just wish it were a bit lighter and you could see more detailed reflections in the eye! Otherwise, beautiful composition!
 
Thanks - Ill find a few more horse ones =]
The orginal photo on Twiggy eye actually look rather gay! it was reall washed out, ill post it so u see what i mean if i can find it. :lol:
Heres some more horse ones :D

Dressage039.jpg

Not sure if i entirly like this one, its real bright, and cut of a little i just like how the horse is airbourne i think.

Dressage049.jpg


Heres another random wire one i took lol
Tonks043.jpg
 
Just curious what type of P&S ??? The cats are a little simple but some of the others are very nice... Keep us posted and post some with the new DSLR... What did you get?
 
Haha yeah they are simple, i just think cat is a big Stud! LOL

This is the P&S i used
Olympus%20C-770%20Ultra%20Zoom%204MP%20Digital%20Camera%20with%2010x%20Optical%20Zoom.jpg

Olympus C-770

And the SLR i bought is a Sony A200
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom