Some of my shots...

metallicturd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, I'm a noob as you probably can see. You can call me noob... or turd. Anyways, I'm not an expert with photography. I have a lot to learn, but I thought I would post a few of my shots. Please, let me know what you think- bad and good(if any good things haha).;)

#1 ^

#2 ^

#3 ^

#1 has a lot of detail, you focused well and used good depth of field.
#2 loses a lot of detail in the petals of the flower. Might just be an angle/lighting issue.
#3 one major issue: The horizon isn't straight.

Also, there is no rule of thirds in any of these photos. Good start though, it's an addictive hobby isn't it? :)

Yeah I actively take my digital with me anywhere I go. I guess I never thought that I could crop #3... I think that'd fix it right? This site is pretty exciting, and I don't know of half the stuff you can do on it yet... (how would I know that it's half? no clue haha)

thanks for your feedback

No, a simple crop wouldn't quite fix the horizon, you'd have to use the stretch/skew options, or perspective twist.. There are numerous ways to fix it, but it's beyond a crop :) (I'd have to actually open the program to see the proper terminology, I'm not big on the post processing myself yet.)

I love the moon in the background of #1, the flower in #2 is beautiful, but i think it would have been better from a different angle, and #3 would be great w/o the date...lol all together good captures though

You could just rotate #3 a few degrees and then crop it to get the horizon straight.

I would have also shot #1 with the moon as the focus. I don't know that it would be a better shot, but there's billions of trees, and only one moon, and I'd wnat to see them side-by-side for comparison of which I like better.

Yep, I can tell you have "the eye" to become a photographer, the composition of the moon in the first one tells me that.

Follow Tolyk's critique also, I agree with everything he said.

I considered myself a "newbie" when I first started photography, only about a year ago. Already in that year (not even) I've learned a TON about photography, from just experimenting with my camera, and also this forum.

wow, yeah I actually didn't think about what I was saying when I said a crop would do it... haha oops. Thanks for your comments. I appreciate it. I'm very serious about working on my knowledge of photography. Right now, I'm very busy as a full time student, work, and more work ;) hehe I make sure though, that I take my camera with me everywhere I go.

Most reactions

Back