Some of my work!

ukko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I would like to know what you think about some of my work.

My first picture which I would like to know your opinion is:

How would you rate it on a scale of 1-10?

Thanks! :thumbup:

I'll forego the rating, because I never like rating things -- I always second-guess.

BUT, I can tell you what I like and what I don't, and that will probably be more useful to you! :)

Like -- I like the textures, and the very gritty feeling. The harsh light hilighting the pitted columns enhances the sense of age and decay.

Dislike -- I think that the light is a bit TOO much... it's blown out! That's ok as an effect, but because so much is blown out, you've lost a lot of detail which would be pleasant to see. The shadows might have lost some detail as well, but I can still see some -- so that's good.

There are my first thoughts. Take them as you like (or don't)!

I'll forego the rating, because I never like rating things -- I always second-guess.

BUT, I can tell you what I like and what I don't, and that will probably be more useful to you! :)

Like -- I like the textures, and the very gritty feeling. The harsh light hilighting the pitted columns enhances the sense of age and decay.

Dislike -- I think that the light is a bit TOO much... it's blown out! That's ok as an effect, but because so much is blown out, you've lost a lot of detail which would be pleasant to see. The shadows might have lost some detail as well, but I can still see some -- so that's good.

There are my first thoughts. Take them as you like (or don't)!

Thank you for your comment! I really appreciate it!

For these two I wanted to add something different by combining with a background texture.

What about the second one? Is it to creepy? :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back