Some other pics I took, C&C plz!

EileenHui

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took those pics in the past one month, just to practice my skill!

If any of them doesn't look right, plz correct me! :)

#1. This was taken at the place where I live, I think if I blur the people, it might look better? At that time I just got my camera, didn't fully know how to use it, so yah!
4791462544_59b9332d80_b.jpg

#2. This one was taken on a walk, I'm not sure how should I do the lighting to make it better.
4790829841_9b4655c0dc_b.jpg

#3. The Manhattan Bridge.
4791450730_9baaa9be4a_b.jpg

#4. On the Brooklyn Bridge. I like the symmetry, but it just seems not right to me. I'm kind of scare to take pictures of building, cuz I feel like I cannot make it looks interesting and alive.
4791455670_3625763c4c_b.jpg

#5. This one was taken when I went to hiking!
4795686392_bde15eda6e_b.jpg

#6. I love food, so yah!
4795689252_88dec7d374_b.jpg

Nice efforts - let me see if I can help you out a bit on some of these, though I'm no expert either. :)

1) By blurring the people, I'm not sure if you mean leaving the shutter open longer when you take the picture (so there's motion blur), or actually blurring them in Photoshop or some other program. A longer shutter speed might be interesting, but I don't think doing in Photoshop would be the greatest idea. I think some white balancing and playing with the contrast and saturation a bit could really make it pretty interesting though.

2) The colors really caught my attention but only until I realized half the frame was really really dark. Not sure if there's any post-processing you could do to pick that up, but someone else might have some ideas.

3) Nice shot but could use some straightening.

4) I don't think I really have any comments on this one. Doesn't really do anything for me but I don't have any suggestions either.

5) Would look nice as B&W.

6) You've gone and made me hungry. :p

Thanks, OrionsByte!

I haven't learned much in Photoshop! So I wish I can achieve the most by the camera, but it seems there's still a long long way to go! For #2, the sun was lighting on only half the frame,, so i tried to see how it would look like! And I agree with you, B&W will do great for #5! I tried it and it looks great!!

I have reached the monthly limits in Flickr.com , cannot upload any more pics!

Ohh yah,, what do you mean by straightening??

Ohh yah,, what do you mean by straightening??

The horizon in the distance is not level - it's far lower on the left side of the picture than on the right. Straightening is just rotating the picture a bit so that the horizon is level. I took the liberty of doing a quick edit to demonstrate:

4791450730_9baaa9be4a_b.jpg

Unfortunately when you do this, you have to crop parts of the picture off in order to have a normal rectangular image, so it's always best to get as close to level as possible when you take the picture.

3) Nice shot but could use some straightening.

I was thinking the same thing, but then at the same time, wouldn't that make the bridge look tilted?

Yeah you can see in the edit that this is the case, however, I don't think it's distracting because the only reason it tilts is because of perspective. You'll notice that even straightened, the tower in the back (on the right of the photo) is tiilted as well, but not the same direction. They're converging towards a distant point, just like the walkway on the bridge in #5 is doing.

Ohh,,, I know!!! But there's always people crossing the bridge!! Maybe I should try early early morning!!

Thanks, OrionsByte, now I see what you mean by straightening!

Most reactions

Back