Some Parrot Shots!

Wozza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.nzgamer.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love taking shots of Parrots, they are so cheeky. Shots taken on Canon 20d with Sigma 70-200 F2.8

2630815510_253d1dee36.jpg

2632892779_c0ec04e4d5.jpg

2633712826_b643a78214.jpg

2632893365_acc5589e1b.jpg

2785941994_77593bea91.jpg

2785943278_20e1bc406f.jpg

I love'em! I love parrots and your pictures are awesome. All are nicely composed and focused, with amazing detail. The vibrant colors of Parrots just lighten up the rain forest. I remeber when I went to the rain forest in Puerto Rico and saw the Mcaws fly over my head, it was mazing.
Those are Mcaws and Lorys and conures?

I'm going to have to make one of them my screensaver if you dont mind! :wink:
Beautiful work!:)
:thumbup:
10/10!

BTW, are these wild?

I love'em! I love parrots and your pictures are awesome. All are nicely composed and focused, with amazing detail. The vibrant colors of Parrots just lighten up the rain forest. I remeber when I went to the rain forest in Puerto Rico and saw the Mcaws fly over my head, it was mazing.
Those are Mcaws and Lorys and conures?

I'm going to have to make one of them my screensaver if you dont mind! :wink:
Beautiful work!:)
:thumbup:
10/10!

BTW, are these wild?

Thanks for the comments. Spot on with the bird types. Screensaver? Go for it, out of interest which one you wanting to use? Bigger copies on my flickr account.

These were shot in a HUGE walk in avairy in Kurunda Queensland. Didn't have as long in here as I would have liked and wish there was something like this around here as rainforest enviroment + fairly tame birds = win!

Cool shots. The Sun Conure (2&4) is almost as cute as mine! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for commenting. :)

Thanks for the comments. Spot on with the bird types. Screensaver? Go for it, out of interest which one you wanting to use? Bigger copies on my flickr account.

These were shot in a HUGE walk in avairy in Kurunda Queensland. Didn't have as long in here as I would have liked and wish there was something like this around here as rainforest enviroment + fairly tame birds = win!

For one to use as a screensaver, maybe all of them! Maybe I'll make a layer in Photo Shop and put them all on one sheet.

Gorgeous creature, color & photos! I Love them all, I think the last is my favorite. Nice captures!

Agreed. the last one is my favorite too. Was there any PP involveed with this one besides maybe a crop?

Mark

Gorgeous creature, color & photos! I Love them all, I think the last is my favorite. Nice captures!

Cheers

Agreed. the last one is my favorite too. Was there any PP involveed with this one besides maybe a crop?

Mark

On most of my shots, I duplicate the layer, play with the curves and then make the layer transparent and blend it down until it looks natural but adds a bit of punch.

Looks like im just going to HAVE to learn this PhotoShop lingo if im going to survive on this website :lol:

Mark

Heers my screensaver image I put together.
I know, the Pelican is a little odd, but I couldnt find and images that were tall and skinny enough to fit in that place.
screensaver-parrotscopy.jpg

Last edited:
Wow looks pretty colourful together. :) I'm flattered that you'd want to use my pics for a desktop.

Can I ask you if you can put a little "Photo's by Sam Leitch" tag on the bottom right. :)

Wow looks pretty colourful together. :) I'm flattered that you'd want to use my pics for a desktop.

Can I ask you if you can put a little "Photo's by Sam Leitch" tag on the bottom right. :)
well, they are great!:) No problem, I'll put "Photo's by Sam Leitch" on it ASAP. By tonight it'll be on. Do you have any skinny tall photos of a parrot to fit in where the pelican is? I was amazed at the result, the colors do look so great together.

I did it quickly just now. I'll make it look a little better later.

Most reactions

Back