Some pics for C&C

Santaji

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My Camera is a Sony DSC H3, I've had this Camera about a year and half(maybe more) but only recently started using the manual exposure settings mode and stuff
4669479930_38292cf1ac_z.jpg

4668841113_a8699387f2_z.jpg

4669462250_a85d9c69b9_z.jpg

4668834401_9616bbea5e_z.jpg

4669455384_e351780a65_z.jpg

3413727111_a1417248c0_z.jpg

What do you think? :)

not bad, I'm not pro.

I like the VW shot a lot and the faucet.

Big fan of the Vdub. Would have been interesting if you could have captured the water droplet a little further down on the faucet.

Good job.

#1 edit the photo so the background is more blurry and you have a winner. the faucet is close in color to the background which makes it busy. I'm not sure about the composition but this may be the best angle

#2- too busy. hard to do in this environment at that angle and distance so get closer to the top and use the brown for a background

#3. I like it. I don't like the fence there but that may not be fixable without photoshop

#4 doesn't grab me. too low contrast for my tastes.

#5 honestly? it's dull. I don't see the point to the photo.

#6 get closer. try this one with you getting ever closer until your camera can't focus.

I think of all the shots the VW is best, but a couple of friendly C&C:

1. Look at your whitebalance -- the vw looks a little offcolor
2. Use a lens with a bigger focal length or bigger aperature. Then you'll get more bokeh (item in focus with a blurry background)
3. If you shoot beyond your infinite focus, you won't get any bokeh even if you shoot at a lens with a very large aperature.
4. Your composition needs some work... Some subject matter is very easy to photograph -- if you stand on St. Mark's square in venice you would have to be a very bad photographer to not get a shot that most people would look at and go OH WOW! But when you photograph everyday objects they really need to be compelling I think -- either through use of depth of field, or perspective or sometime.

Your faucet is nice, your flower thing is kind of nice, but the rock really isn't anything special.

You might be able to find a way to photograph it into a special photo, but because it's a rock you're going to need to try harder then just snapping a photo.

That VW is legit yo. Maybe a bit too much yellow?

That V-dub is ruly!!!! I really like the yellow tone with the blue vehicle...awesome!

A lot of over-exposure with the others...

Please number the photos for future posts please...so we can refer to the numbered photos instead of what we have to go through with this thread...

My favorite is the lone rock photo...I love taking photos of rocks all alone...a lot of people might think its boring, but I enjoy it...here's one of my lone rock photos:

IMG_0779.JPG

1) not bad I like the lil drop..maybe more focus on the drop itself
2) too busy..doesn't interest me.
3) what is it? figs?
4) ok..what made you chose b&w for this pic?
5) crop bottom a little
6) my favorite..although the color seems to be off

What do you think? :)
All your main subjects (except the VW) get lost, either by being framed against a busy distracting background or against colors that are to much the same as the subject.

Everyone likes the VW buss photo because it is lit and thus is separated from most of the background making it 'pop'. The white balance was likely set to 'Sunlight' but the light is Tungsten or Low-pressure Sodium Vapor, which is why it's so orange.

I changed the overall light temperature to compensate, though it's difficult to be real accurate with a JPEG.

I enjoy the vw bus because it seems to pop out of the picture and it is a classic with character and thats what I enjoy about it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back