Some pictures from my walk around town over lunch (Chicago)

Here's one more. I thought this was interesting. These guys were European and they stopped at one of those machines where you stick a coin in, turn the handle and is mashes the coin flat with a graphic about Chicago as a souvenir.
It has a good urban feel and the B&W conversion is good...the picture is just too cluttered with...stuff.
I took this one on the way home last night. This is the Merc, the building so large it has its own zip code.
Nice simple image. Not sure if I like it or not.

I see you have your 40D all figured out now!! Great Pix. I got a picture of that huge building last summer when I visited Chicago and I had to walk half way to the Sears Tower to get just the front!! lol
Yup, it's a monster. Have you been inside of it? It's crazy massive but it gives an odd feeling because the ceilings are so low and the hallways are narrow feeling.

It's a neat place to go explore though.

Yup, it's a monster. Have you been inside of it? It's crazy massive but it gives an odd feeling because the ceilings are so low and the hallways are narrow feeling.

It's a neat place to go explore though.

nope never went in, but if I visit again ill be sure to take that advice

I see you have your 40D all figured out now!!
I'm slowly getting used to it. I still struggle with settings in Manual mode but I'm forcing myself to learn. I can't wait until "Understanding Exposure" gets here this week, I think it will help a lot.

...or so I hope!

1,2,3 and the last two later added b/w I love especially the line of pigeons...
You make me a little depressed though that I can't just walk around at lunch and get great city shots.. :(

Many good and a few great shots IMO.. I'll bet that working in Chicago you can give us some great shots..

Wow! You've been going to town on those Chicago pics. I need to get over there myself and take some pictures! I love Chicago. Not much to take in Indiana. Well there are things to take but not so much as far as scenic sites. The canal is nice but right now it's not as pretty as it will be when spring hits.

-Christopher

Wow! You've been going to town on those Chicago pics. I need to get over there myself and take some pictures! I love Chicago. Not much to take in Indiana. Well there are things to take but not so much as far as scenic sites. The canal is nice but right now it's not as pretty as it will be when spring hits.

-Christopher
Let me know when you take a trip up and I'll see if I can't join you in the city for a couple hours of shooting.

It is great working in the city, it gives me an opportunity I wouldn't otherwise have.

I brought my camera in today but it was snowing and really dull looking outside so I didn't get out over lunch. I can't wait for spring to hit, it will make for some great photos I'm sure.

1,2,3 and the last two later added b/w I love especially the line of pigeons...
You make me a little depressed though that I can't just walk around at lunch and get great city shots.. :(
I used to be burned out on going into the city until I discovered photography. Now I look forward to going in and getting out over lunch! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back