Some random stuff

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been pretty busy with work and have not had much time to shoot. We are trying to put together some local outings with our Facebook Fans from the page I admin at work. Just local enthusiasts who would like a chance to get out and shoot as a group and learn and share.

These are a few from that outing. Nothing special...just some random chit I shot.

There are two of the same house because I was using them as an example of how recomposing and using different settings can change a photo as a whole. Especially in dealing with landscapes and things in fields, more sky less grass, less sky more grass...etc etc.

Exposures with Ernie Part 1 - a set on Flickr

7587305064_6437968aee_c.jpg

7587302484_64dc49af63_c.jpg

7587325224_25b3637a25_c.jpg

7587318594_72ed0dcf68_c.jpg

7587310240_ccddef5637_c.jpg

I really like the tractor picture! The way the red pops against the green is awesome IMO!!! Good job! :)

I am getting lots of folks liking that picture, lol. Honestly I didn't like it much, the only reason I kept it is because it was in focus, lolz. The red on green is what struck my eye and made me shoot it in the first place...so I'm glad that capture came out on that aspect.

I'd like to get some abstract action on parts of that house!

The insect one: Shooting from right above them just isn't that interesting, imo. I'd much rather see their little faces, or at least see them from the side. But that could just be me. I think insect faces are just fascinating! Their backs, just not so much usually.

The insect one: Shooting from right above them just isn't that interesting, imo. I'd much rather see their little faces, or at least see them from the side. But that could just be me. I think insect faces are just fascinating! Their backs, just not so much usually.
While in general I would agree with this comment, I think #1 is a great photo – the best of the lot by far in my opinion. It's tack sharp, with cool textures on the leaf, beautiful lines and colour, and spot-on composition.

The bug one is wonderful!!!Can a fill flash remove the shadow there? i don't know
Actually all images are fine here; out of the two images of house, i like the first one more....how did you remove the backyard extension of the house in #4?
:D

I think #1 is a great photo – the best of the lot by far in my opinion. It's tack sharp, with cool textures on the leaf, beautiful lines and colour, and spot-on composition.

^^ My favourite, also, for the same reasons. Nice work. :thumbup:

The bug one is wonderful!!!Can a fill flash remove the shadow there? i don't know
Actually all images are fine here; out of the two images of house, i like the first one more....how did you remove the backyard extension of the house in #4?

I moved a foot to the left (and backed up a bit...using a prime lens so my zoom is my feet) . :) If you look close you can see a slight angle variation...pretty cool how moving just a foot or so made that whole part of the house not in the shot yet kept the front pretty close to the same perspective.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I moved a foot to the left (and backed up a bit...using a prime lens so my zoom is my feet) . :) If you look close you can see a slight angle variation...pretty cool how moving just a foot or so made that whole part of the house not in the shot yet kept the front pretty close to the same perspective.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.
Actually these pair of images should be preserved as a good learner's note some where in TPF :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back