Some recent work: Waterfalls

CW Jones

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I have yet to announce it... but I decided to end my 365. I don't think of it as "failed" because all I wanted from it was to find something I liked to photograph and I have now. I love nature and landscapes.

So moving on from that, here are some of my recent shots! C&C as you like!

Click for the full size ones on my Flickr.

-Collin

All three shots are well composed, but the first one is my fav.

I'm hoping to get some equally nice shots on my second camping trip to Ricketts Glen this summer.

Nice job!

I really like the second. I like how the flow leads you from the top of the photo to the bottom but that tree stump is bugging me lol. I do like the first one but I would have loved to have seen three of the archs in the full frame instead of the last one cut off. Nice pics.

Thanks both of you. Yup the tree pissed me off too haha. It was a while since my last visit there, looks like that tree came down about 6 months or so ago in winter. I tried moving it, but was only with my girlfriend and she was in sandals so wasn't much help haha

number one is beautiful!

-2And4more_tonemapped.jpg

Made it into a quick hdr using lightroom and ps7.0'

This way, you get much more color, and contrast.

4707748234_72aea79cce_b.jpg

Perfect? Nope. Pretty good? Ya not too bad for less than 5 minutes of work!

Let me know if this one is better haha

Did the waterfall too. I just feel like these photos could use a little more color.

-1And4more_tonemapped.jpg

Thanks! To be honest, its the simplest edit. I took the original into lightroom, adjust the saturation, temperature, and a few other small things until i liked it. then adjust the exposure to -2, -1, 0, 1, 2. Then generated an HDR in photomatix pro, and adjust a few levels there until i thought it looked about right.

Sometimes, the simplest of edits make a HUGE difference. The waterfall shot is beautiful though!

Ya I just have tried to not edit too much because I usually end up over editing haha BUT you have proved I can push it a little further without ruing it haha

haha its always fun to edit photo's. always push the limits.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back