Some Reptiles

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot these in Amsterdam last week. All of them were behind glass, which always is a challenge. Good thing the reptiles cooperated :)
Artis353.jpg

Artis354.jpg

Artis355.jpg

Artis356.jpg

Artis357.jpg

#6 (i know, not a reptile)
Artis358.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Awesome pics! Love that viper shot. Gorgeous snake, very fast...very deadly.

The hermit crab is also wonderfull, i would almost be tempted to take the line between the two bits of background out in PS so it is not as easy to spot it is in a man made environment. All the shots are really well balanced especially concidering they were behind glass.

tim

Fab shots you would not know they were behind glass..great work! :)

Nicely done, Daan, and as others have said, especially because the reptiles you were shooting were behind glass. I especially like #2 (such rich colours, that staring eye, and the detail in the scales), and the hermit crab (looks like a comic character of some sort, with the eyes up high like that).

Thanks for the replies y'all :)
Dont those Gaboon Vipers have the longest fangs of all snakes? I think i had a shot somewhere of a skeleton of one of those snakes. Ill see if i can find it later.
I was thinking about removing the line in the Hermit crab shot, but i just couldnt be bothered.
And its pretty easy to shoot through glass, you just have to have your lens against the glass and not in an angle. You really have to watch your flash, cause you can get the glare pretty fast.

found the pic, was also taken in the zoo:
Artis254.jpg

Last edited:
wow... amazing shots.... what kind of lens are you using for these?

Yeah, I believe they do have the longest fangs. Gaboons and Rhino vipers also have to fastest strike.

Gaboon Vipers fangs can reach lengths of up two 3 inches.

Amazing shots

The colors in #1 are fabulous. #2 is amazing and sharp - love the angle. No clue what is in #5, but I like it a lot.

Also, my 4yo likes your "Turnip Crab" LOL.

I love #2 and #6.

Everytime I try to photograph critters behind glass, they turn out crap.

Thanks for sharing.

I think #4 and #2 do it for me! awesome shots overall

Most reactions

New Topics

Back