What's new

Some Saturday cuteness

Ady

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
235
Reaction score
1
Location
Lancashire,UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The new addition:

1
874232378_degpC-L.jpg


2
874207641_UtgFB-L.jpg


3
874206768_C42U8-L.jpg


4
936554202_PWmUR-L.jpg
 
Awww!

I always think that cat photos need to include all of the cat's ears (or be so close that it's ONLY the face). More so, when they are so nicely backlit (and have this lovely red) as in #1. ;)

Others are good, too, the blurred foreground in #2 is a bit distracting, though.

What's your "new addition's" name?
 
Awww!

I always think that cat photos need to include all of the cat's ears (or be so close that it's ONLY the face). More so, when they are so nicely backlit (and have this lovely red) as in #1. ;)

Others are good, too, the blurred foreground in #2 is a bit distracting, though.

What's your "new addition's" name?

I agree with the foreground on #2.

Other than that, I like them a lot.

Cats seem like they would be easy to shoot. They hold still more than dogs.

I have never had a cat, or even lived in a house with a cat.
 
I also agree on #2, all the other images were Purr-fect! Haha, I had to add that in...
 
it would help if you have all black background or white.
 
Cute Kitty. My cat is mean as a snake and wont let me get a great shot and seldom even a good shot of her.

I don't disagree about the ears, it is sort of like limbs on people, but there may be those rare shots that it is ok to a degree, just like all rules can be bent or broken. My favorite is the first shot because I think that shot captures more personality without the distractions in 2 & 3 plus I like the lighting and the detail in the fur.

The 4th shot to me is just a nice shot of a cute kitten. There is nothing really wrong with it, but there is nothing really about it that stands out. It is more on par with what my cat offers me only my cats usually perturbed with me and is giving me the black eyes of warning.

Overall though, nice focus, nice sharpness and lighting IMO.
 
I like #3 the best. Good job, especially with a kitten - those things have so much energy
 
it would help if you have all black background or white.

I would love to have the benefit of an all black background and floor as in a studio but alas, no such luxuries here in our house! We were at a friends house last night and he has a similarly coloured cat and his brother in law took a pic in his studio with a black floor and backdrop and it did look stunning.

The new addition is call Harvey. I'm not convinced that cats sit stiller than dogs - you just line up a shot with great natural light and they roll into the shadow!!

Cheers for the comments, I may mount one and give it a whirl in the monthly club comps later in the year.
 
Go to wallmart... Very cheap 200 thread count sheets LOL. I think I bought a queen sized white for $8? Cant remember. I use it a lot to take pictures of my babies.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom